LIVE From The Woods 2021 Stories And Pictures Let's Have Em!

grampy

We’ll, I got the lawn mowed today (finally) after the flooding rains nearly two weeks ago. Hopefully for the last time this season. Quick change and out into a nearby stand. Climb up, pull up my pack and sit down. First thing I see is a nice doe staring at me from 25 yards. Flag up and gone. Oh well, nice evening to be out. 

image.jpg

So my left knee swells up, hard to walk, my hamstring tendons are sore as well as the hamstring .

I Google it, hamstring tendinitis, one of the things that helps is to AVIOD SITTING FOR LONG PERIODS lol . And don’t tell me to stand ,on stand .

Good luck to those out .

We’ll, I got the lawn mowed today (finally) after the flooding rains nearly two weeks ago. Hopefully for the last time this season. Quick change and out into a nearby stand. Climb up, pull up my pack and sit down. First thing I see is a nice doe staring at me from 25 yards. Flag up and gone. Oh well, nice evening to be out. 
image.thumb.jpg.2ef89996ce11e350fed5587e932c210d.jpg
That bolt seems very long......

That's what she said

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Nomad said:

So my left knee swells up, hard to walk, my hamstring tendons are sore as well as the hamstring .

I Google it, hamstring tendinitis, one of the things that helps is to AVIOD SITTING FOR LONG PERIODS lol . And don’t tell me to stand ,on stand .

Good luck to those out .

why not stand on your stand? I don't use hang ons often but when i do i find myself standing 87% of the time

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Nomad said:

Good luck to those out .

Hopefully not gout!

• Like 1

On 11/7/2021 at 12:43 AM, chrisw said:

I would agree, albeit I have no direct history with the deer but I wouldn't have guessed anywhere near 5.5... looks like a solid 2.5, maybe 3.5.

Sent from my moto g fast using Tapatalk

I would tend to agree 3.5 yrs.  the deer still appears to be heavier in the hind quarters.  The chest while more developed than both a 1.5 & 2.5, it doesn’t appear to have the equalization of the rear hind area.  In addition the under belly  (stomach) appears to be a straight line across the length of the deer.  Believe you could see the underbelly to start sagging at 4.5. Just my opinion, but could be an expensive mistake at one of those pay to hunt trophy buck establishments. 

Edited by Jmny

I would tend to agree 3.5 yrs.  the deer still appears to be heavier in the hind quarters.  The chest while more developed than both a 1.5 & 2.5, it doesn’t appear to have the equalization of the rear hind area.  In addition the under belly  (stomach) appears to be a straight line across the length of the deer.  Believe you could see the underbelly to start sagging at 4.5. Just my opinion, but could be an expensive mistake at one of those pay to hunt trophy buck establishments. 

I don’t disagree with most of what you said but remember the last picture is not from this year it’s from last

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

f3620495c4fadc2ade9c0dfc6f81f195.jpg
Here he is a few days ago

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1