LIVE From The Woods 2021 Stories And Pictures Let's Have Em!

grampy

There is a scrape behind the multi-trunk cherry tree,a field to my right and thick stuff in front of me. The wind is a bit dicey,but this has all the makings of a great afternoon...  

My pictures didn't upload from the tree so here they are later.  Wrong choice again,I walked past a trail coming out of the thick stuff into the field and thought about setting up on it,but didnt.

Only deer I saw used that trail, 100yds from me.

20211109_154046.jpg

20211109_154035.jpg

1 hour ago, Nomad said:

So my left knee swells up, hard to walk, my hamstring tendons are sore as well as the hamstring .

I Google it, hamstring tendinitis, one of the things that helps is to AVIOD SITTING FOR LONG PERIODS lol . And don’t tell me to stand ,on stand .

Good luck to those out .

You could hang your leg off the edge of the stand. 

Got him guys.  He didn't run 75 yards.  I'm very fortunate and lucky.  I have my own property that my Brother and I purchased and we spend two weeks every year here, just laughing and making memories.  Our boys are nearly of age where they can start coming.  I just don't understand why more people don't get into this past time. It's such a wonderful sport, it teaches so many great qualities and creates forever memories.
IMG_20211109_151033742.thumb.jpg.3e947350f2d91ca06eb84ca9218becdb.jpg

Congrats! Lots of blood

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1

Long story short. I'm beat. But had close encounters with two really nice bucks. One early and one late today. Passed up a chip shot on a smaller buck in between. Does are coming in. Bucks are chasing them. Right on time for Nov 10th magical day! This was by far the best day hunting so far this year.

• Like 12

16 minutes ago, Taylormike said:

Yep, fixed Muzzy is all I use. They work great for me and are relatively inexpensive compared to others.  I love them.

if you like those muzzys you'll LOVE magnus black hornets. Lifetime warranty for any reason, they wind up cheaper once you damage a few heads and don't have to buy new ones lol. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, grampy said:

Long story short. I'm beat. But had close encounters with two really nice bucks. One early and one late today. Passed up a chip shot on a smaller buck in between. Does are coming in. Bucks are chasing them. Right on time for Nov 10th magical day! This was by far the best day hunting so far this year.

You are getting closer!! Keep up the persistence. Look forward to the pictures!.

3 hours ago, crappyice said:

MY MAN!!! If you ain’t cheatin’ you ain’t tryin’

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Win if you may. Lose if you must but always cheat. 
if you ain’t ain’t cheating you ain’t trying. And if you get caught then you didn’t try hard enough….

• Like 2

November 10th has arrived! Seeking at it's peak! I'm going in for another all day sit. Came really close to getting one yesterday. TWICE! One I couldn't get stopped. The other just never gave me the shot I needed. In heavy brush.

To all heading out, have a magical day!

Since the 80s when I started bowhunting, on November 10th, I have killed 12 bucks. More than any other single day by far. And on the days I didn't kill one, I almost always have a day like yesterday. It's the time of year when bucks get crazy. November 10th. And the five days before and after, are in my experience, the best days of the year to be in the deer woods. Regardless of moon phase, weather, or most anything else. 

Someday, I need to make a dedicated thread to November 10th deer activity. 

Edited by grampy
  • Like 21