LIVE From The Woods 2021 Stories And Pictures Let's Have Em!

grampy

1 hour ago, grampy said:

November 10th. And the five days before and after, are in my experience, the best days of the year to be in the deer woods. Regardless of moon phase, weather, or most anything else.

I agree that this is the time to be out there in NY, especially on the colder days. And with a very low acorn crop this fall, if you can get between a corn field and where the deer bed your odds are going up a lot. Good luck!

Woke up late getting ready and heading out.  Wife showed me a picture of a bear that was spotted not to far from one of my spots so hopefully he shows up.  Picture was taken at 8 o'clock last night
33662.thumb.jpeg.862bc9e402fe233ae25b56f18a3d8f52.jpeg
Looks like he made quick work of the bird feeder for an early night snack attack.

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

November 10th has arrived! Seeking at it's peak! I'm going in for another all day sit. Came really close to getting one yesterday. TWICE! One I couldn't get stopped. The other just never gave me the shot I needed. In heavy brush.
To all heading out, have a magical day!
Since the 80s when I started bowhunting, on November 10th, I have killed 12 bucks. More than any other single day by far. And on the days I didn't kill one, I almost always have a day like yesterday. It's the time of year when bucks get crazy. November 10th. And the five days before and after, are in my experience, the best days of the year to be in the deer woods. Regardless of moon phase, weather, or most anything else. 
Someday, I need to make a dedicated thread to November 10th deer activity. 

Grampy’s Christmas morning has arrived!!!
Got get ‘em and enjoy the 23% waxing moon!!!! Kind a like waking up to a white Christmas and a RedRider under the tree

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@grampy I wanted to share with you that I read your post about today’s date.  I travel 17/86 highway from Monticello to Middletown daily, and so does a coworker.  We always watch for the increase in roadkills on the highway.  Well overnight has showed about 4-5 in that 20 mile distance.  Saw a huge 6 pointer close to home, had probably 8-10” G2’s, and he was walking so slow, I pulled up to about 15’ from him, probably could have smacked his back.  Saw another good basket near Rock Hill standing on the shoulder, on, and on this morning.  Seems to be you see them all, or none some mornings, but big bucks on your date.  Like I said just wanted to share this with you, good luck.  I will be out the next 4 full days.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, mlammerhirt said:

Looks like he made quick work of the bird feeder for an early night snack attack.

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

He's been around for 3yrs now.  Cant seem to figure out where he travels. He keeps getting into my parent garbage not to far from this picture. I'm on a logging road I've had bear tracks on before. Just hoping he cruises through. 

1 minute ago, Swamp_bucks said:

Up and in. Forgot my pull up rope so I only.climbed 8ft.  Hoping a flathead or that bear comes through. I know of 1 smaller bear in the area also.

Being 8’ up you can just step off your stand, and onto that bear.  

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Swamp_bucks said:

He's been around for 3yrs now.  Cant seem to figure out where he travels. He keeps getting into my parent garbage not to far from this picture. I'm on a logging road I've had bear tracks on before. Just hoping he cruises through. 

hes prob real close.  Hope you get a shot at him he looks like a bruiser.  I would like to get one NY bear in my lifetime.  

• Like 1

Just now, Lomax said:

5 bux 1 hot doe and a nice 8 fighting off the other 4 bux who keep pressuring them.  Something to see grunting fighting tearing it up.  Just need her to bring him by a bit closer

9F81EF34-6202-4E1C-9B6B-7C4386115E0C.png

That sounds like a blast to have going on out in front of you!

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Swamp_bucks said:

I have heard they will come into distress calls. Might be worth a try.

1 minute ago, E J said:

That sounds like a blast to have going on out in front of you!

It’s amazing to watch these other lesser bux won’t give up.  This one is now piling on.  It’s been good like this since just before Halloween.  Like Grampy says probably another 5 or 6 days of this.  Best days to be on stand all year. 4760FC4D-92EE-4177-BA0E-F973FDD037F3.thumb.png.a3071dea0760b023e5a42cd7c6b962f7.png

• Like 2