LIVE From The Woods 2021 Stories And Pictures Let's Have Em!

grampy

Theres a fugitive on the loose here and the search area is the woods one block over from the woods I hunt. So I'm guessing if he doesnt turn up there they will scour my area, which is not ideal. On the bright side they closed the schools so my kids are thrilled lol

Sounds like a good ole fashioned deer drive to me with all those pushers!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 4
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Theres a fugitive on the loose here and the search area is the woods one block over from the woods I hunt. So I'm guessing if he doesnt turn up there they will scour my area, which is not ideal. On the bright side they closed the schools so my kids are thrilled lol

I'd count it as a win if you "accidentally" shot the fugitive...

• Like 2

3 hours ago, chrisw said:

We're experiencing the same in our part of 8f also. It went from bucks running everywhere all day chasing does, to all day sits and one doe/fawn seen. Very little cam activity, little to no deer seen from stand. Very random movement that's tough to predict or pattern.

Sent from my moto g fast using Tapatalk

Don't tell me that!! I don't get out until tomorrow!!

3 hours ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

If you were to shoot him, would DEC give you a replacement tag?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Well,I got myself a small doe. I am not too picky right now,I wish she was bigger but i did not have a lot of time. I was almost back to my house after dropping my wife off at work and passed a jogger going towards my house.  Good for him,he had to climb a pretty good hill. Just before I got to my driveway I saw a doe on the bank,not far from the road. So I grabbed my bow and snuck over to try to shoot her before the jogger got there. I did get her just in time before she got spooked. 

I got some meat for the freezer,things were not looking too good for bow season.

• Like 17

I still haven’t been out lately, as I’m still recuperating. But it does appear as though we are in lockdown here on the island. Cam activity has dropped way off the last few days, but I am still getting some pics of bucks cruising especially during mid day. Hopefully I’ll be able to drag my ass out there soon. It’s starting to look like opening day with the gun is questionable for me now, but we’ll see. Going to just take it day by day. 

Following from the office until I get back out this weekend for one more chance before gun opens.. Congrats to all who have connected! I'm looking at a 10 degree drop in temps going from Friday to Saturday. Let's hope it gets 'em moving around me. It's been a slow year so far.

• Like 1