LIVE From The Woods 2021 Stories And Pictures Let's Have Em!

grampy

30 minutes ago, Cabin Fever said:

I think the switch has officially been flipped here!! Of course I had to leave the stand to look after my mother for a couple of hours and get a pic this brute walking past my stand!!! UGH!!!

bac8356e68359f6003565400a7cbce51.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He looks like a man on a mission!!!

• Like 1

I think the switch has officially been flipped here!! Of course I had to leave the stand to look after my mother for a couple of hours and get a pic this brute walking past my stand!!! UGH!!!

bac8356e68359f6003565400a7cbce51.jpg

Prob 10 years ago now I was chasing a 12 pt on the Hole prop. Biggest deer I have ever seen on our props. Could never see that deer during daylight. The one morning I skipped to help my mom move something that sucker walked past my stand at 8 am lol. Big ones get bug by being smart but also lucky lol.

• Like 1

I’m back out and up. 54 and a little breeze.

Turns out that buck my brother got this morning had tine punctures in his chest. There must be a big mean buck around that prop to beat up that buck.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Belo said:

i have to admit, jokes aside i'm surprised how many of you are rocking the crossgun.

Honestly my friend, I never really pay any attention to what other hunters are hunting with? Makes no difference to me at all. 

I like to switch back and forth, between my compound and crossgun....er....I mean crossbow. Crossgun...... I still laugh when I hear that!

It's sorta like when someone says...

"did ya catch a deer"?

Edited by grampy
  • Like 6
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, grampy said:

Honestly my friend, I never really pay any attention to what other hunters are hunting with? Makes no difference to me at all. 

I like to switch back and forth, between my compound and crossgun....er....I mean crossbow. Crossgun...... I still laugh when I hear that!

It's sorta like when someone says...

"did ya catch a deer"?

header_giddy_patch-01-01-01-01-01.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

First time catching the piebald on his feet this late in the morning. He was laying down in an open field yesterday morning guarding a feeding doe. Hopefully this is a good sign that bucks are finally starting to move in my area!!

6546e07c7ada91ddeba8335c92cdd8cb.jpg

Too small or bad luck to shoot?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

9 minutes ago, Cabin Fever said:

Little too windy for my liking!! With all this noise and commotion, you can’t hear one coming and I doubt my grunt call can be heard. I’m afraid one could slip in and through a shooting lane, before I see it.

Cabin, I read a report from Cornell that said as the wind increases so does deer movement. Hang in there tonight could be your night.

• Like 2

Little too windy for my liking!! With all this noise and commotion, you can’t hear one coming and I doubt my grunt call can be heard. I’m afraid one could slip in and through a shooting lane, before I see it.

I can't hear anyways, my super sense is vision and patience.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Too small or bad luck to shoot?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

No desire to shoot him. He’s a home body and is the buck we see the most. I talked to an adjoining landowner and he said he’s been around for 3-4 years and he passes him up several times a year.

• Like 1

Cabin, I read a report from Cornell that said as the wind increases so does deer movement. Hang in there tonight could be your night.

Oh, I’m not going anywhere! That is, unless this dead tree I’m in decides otherwise!! LOL

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NYBowhunter said:

What's your point? I'm also surprised how many people are still rocking a vertical bow. Thier all implements that achieve results (kill deer). All joking aside,  it's called a crossbow.  People on this forum don't normally make comments like wow surprised how many are using the bow, so why even be surprised or even comment when you see people using the crossbow? Bored?

wow got some sand in your slit huh?

It was a general observation. I didn't start a new thread and make a big deal about it. You've been here a long time and so have I. My opinions are pretty well documented and if you paid any attention you'd know I couldn't care less what guys use. But yes, I didn't think as many guys rocking a true piece of archery equipment and who own and use one for the first month also have another one that they switch to. My comment isn't aimed at the crossbow only guy, but those that switch when the season starts. 

10 minutes ago, Cabin Fever said:

Oh, I’m not going anywhere! That is, unless this dead tree I’m in decides otherwise!! LOL

At home it wasn’t windy at all. The hills of the fingerlakes, winds as a mother trucker

• Like 1

and yeah I used the term crossgun because it's getting a little ridiculous. There is an autococker out there and now models that hold 2 bolts. We've gone way past the "it has a scope and doesn't need to be drawn" arguments.

https://www.basspro.com/shop/en/excalibur-twinstrike-crossbow-package?ds_e=GOOGLE&ds_c=Nb|Generic|Hunting|DSA&gclid=CjwKCAiAm7OMBhAQEiwArvGi3PHLlro7B5q6747zpwIgkul8bJjNIByVz8KenC5zhfwt7ZP_KcP2-RoCwCIQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

• Like 2