LIVE From The Woods 2021 Stories And Pictures Let's Have Em!

grampy

13 minutes ago, Belo said:

My opinions are pretty well documented and if you paid any attention you'd know I couldn't care less what guys use. 

If you couldn't care less, why say anything? I'll be using a compound until 12/31 in 3S. Nobody is forcing you to use a rifle/shotgun/muzzleloader. Just keep hunting with a bow if you want, or whatever weapon you want as long as its legal.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Tughill Tamer said:

State land 6 point. He's not huge but I've had limited time to hunt lately and my freezer is getting bare. I'm very happy to harvest this fella.68db758d2e5f6ceb5a4426cb07b017a3.jpg

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

congrats. looks like a perfect shot

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

If you couldn't care less, why say anything? I'll be using a compound until 12/31 in 3S. Nobody is forcing you to use a rifle/shotgun/muzzleloader. Just keep hunting with a bow if you want, or whatever weapon you want as long as its legal.

and if a ton of guys were using their bow during gun season I'd make the same comment... that it surprises me. Good lord, why are you all so triggered? Re-read what I wrote, sans slang there wasn't any maliciousness in it. 

13 minutes ago, Tughill Tamer said:

State land 6 point. He's not huge but I've had limited time to hunt lately and my freezer is getting bare. I'm very happy to harvest this fella.68db758d2e5f6ceb5a4426cb07b017a3.jpg

No shame there nice buck looks like a perfect shot!!

Edited by CapDistPatriot
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Belo said:

and if a ton of guys were using their bow during gun season I'd make the same comment... that it surprises me. Good lord, why are you all so triggered? Re-read what I wrote, sans slang there wasn't any maliciousness in it. 

Thing is your maliciousness is implied when you tongue in cheek call it a gun.  It's not. So your example of bow during gun is warped. And of top of that it's completely legal, not sure when in your mind you are going to get over that but it's not going back to full bow and no crossBOW.  Choose to believe what you want but calling it something it isn't backhanded then claiming you weren't trying to stir the pot is BS.

• Like 9

29 minutes ago, Tughill Tamer said:

Congrats man on your harvest , and thank you for getting this forum back on track live from the woods :) 

Edited by WWJD_Hunter
  • Like 7

28 minutes ago, Belo said:

A ton do. Check out bowsite. Zero gun kills allowed, and Zero xbow kills allowed.

Last drive of the day I jump one but couldn't tell what it was got turned around but still got back to watchers. My cell and gps did work told me my way point was 3 miles away. Ridiculous. I know it wasn't that far but other driver jumped 2 on way out but watchers didn't have any go thru. Not enough hunters to push and watch big woods but fun anyway just getting out.

1 hour ago, Belo said:

and yeah I used the term crossgun because it's getting a little ridiculous. There is an autococker out there and now models that hold 2 bolts. We've gone way past the "it has a scope and doesn't need to be drawn" arguments.

https://www.basspro.com/shop/en/excalibur-twinstrike-crossbow-package?ds_e=GOOGLE&ds_c=Nb|Generic|Hunting|DSA&gclid=CjwKCAiAm7OMBhAQEiwArvGi3PHLlro7B5q6747zpwIgkul8bJjNIByVz8KenC5zhfwt7ZP_KcP2-RoCwCIQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

You really should start a new thread, for someone that doesn't care either way seems pretty hurt on the subject. Again, if it's legal what the hell do you care what your neighbor uses. You guys crack me up. 

2 hours ago, Belo said:

and yeah I used the term crossgun because it's getting a little ridiculous. There is an autococker out there and now models that hold 2 bolts. We've gone way past the "it has a scope and doesn't need to be drawn" arguments.

https://www.basspro.com/shop/en/excalibur-twinstrike-crossbow-package?ds_e=GOOGLE&ds_c=Nb|Generic|Hunting|DSA&gclid=CjwKCAiAm7OMBhAQEiwArvGi3PHLlro7B5q6747zpwIgkul8bJjNIByVz8KenC5zhfwt7ZP_KcP2-RoCwCIQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Who gives a shit....

2 hours ago, Tughill Tamer said:

Great buck! Congrats for sure.  

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

Had my target buck come in tonight behind the neighborhood does. 3.5yo 8 point. He worked a community scrape. I'm only on 5 acres behind a friend's house. He was mirroring one of the does... I climbed out of my tripod and the wind noise tonight got me to within 35yd on the ground but he stayed behind some brush. Very close.... Good luck all. 

20211110_072852.jpg

• Like 7

42 minutes ago, doebuck1234 said:

Alright so back to hunting. @Robhuntandfish are you busy dragging,i need some points brother!!!!!!!

Sorry man no dragging.  Saw some deer but no shot to take.  Good afternoon of hunting .  Hoping to get back out as soon as the rain let's up tomorrow. Unfinished business out there 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

Sorry man no dragging.  Saw some deer but no shot to take.  Good afternoon of hunting .  Hoping to get back out as soon as the rain let's up tomorrow. Unfinished business out there 

Agree'd. Im hoping to sneak out tomorrow morning as i told the boss id work but im going hunting first.thats if i dont knock one down :rofl:

14 minutes ago, doebuck1234 said:

Agree'd. Im hoping to sneak out tomorrow morning as i told the boss id work but im going hunting first.thats if i dont knock one down :rofl:

Good luck! I'm.thinking they should be moving right after the rain let's up.  Supposed to pour here in the morn , then clear out about 11-12. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, billey100 said:

Thing is your maliciousness is implied when you tongue in cheek call it a gun.  It's not. So your example of bow during gun is warped. And of top of that it's completely legal, not sure when in your mind you are going to get over that but it's not going back to full bow and no crossBOW.  Choose to believe what you want but calling it something it isn't backhanded then claiming you weren't trying to stir the pot is BS.

He’s one of the biggest pot stiring guys here , and a poor backpedaling lier as well.  Like most anti crossbow guys, they say it’s more like a gun , belongs in gun season , call it a cross gun . Then act upset when some guys try to hunt with it like a gun , which is it then ? If it’s a cross gun why not drive and walk around hunting with it like a gun ? If that’s wrong then maybe it’s a bow ?  They’re so confused .

• Like 3

Please everyone.....some of us hunt with bow, some with crossbow, others with pistols, shotgun or rifles.  I have used everyone of these many times.  I don't consider myself or anyone else any less of a hunter regardless of what type of weapon is used.  Let's get back to being the best hunting website there is.  Good stories, great pictures and the best comradely of any site.  You are all great people with different priorities and all of you are correct.  Good luck in the woods and may we see a few more pictures with stories of the great hunts we share.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1