LIVE From The Woods 2021 Stories And Pictures Let's Have Em!

grampy

On 11/11/2021 at 8:47 AM, Cabin Fever said:

First time catching the piebald on his feet this late in the morning. He was laying down in an open field yesterday morning guarding a feeding doe. Hopefully this is a good sign that bucks are finally starting to move in my area!!

6546e07c7ada91ddeba8335c92cdd8cb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WOW! That guy would be my first ever full body mount. don't care what the taxi charges or what Mrs. Squirrel says!!

Good Luck CF. Really hope you get him.

• Like 1

So my oldest boy and me went out to sit when he got out of class yesterday afternoon for the last couple hours. He saw a single fawn that was wondering around looking for mom. I saw zero but just on the other side of the ravine from this spot the farmer started combining the 60 some acres of corn finally. Was hoping to get out this am but had work and it was pouring. Won't be out in the woods until Saturday but took Monday off for a 3 day weekend.

Doe and a fawn in my plot here at the house.  Feeding in the pouring rain.  First deer I have laid on here in almost a month. 

My father-in-law will probably hunt here some while I am gone to the family farm.  He has a shooting house on a farm nearby, but they buried all the fields in manure yesterday.  Usually they don't spread the grass, but I guess they are going to be plowed under for corn next year.  

Sure has been a sloooowwwww day here in 8H. Not quite what I was expecting after that storm last night.

A big ole 10pt was passing by this stand yesterday at 1:20pm, while I was out goofing off. Hoping he swings by again sometime this afternoon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2