LIVE From The Woods 2021 Stories And Pictures Let's Have Em!

grampy

I'm getting ready to head up to the farm. Rain, and some flurries coming in later this morning. But I hope to catch one near bedding, on a south facing oak ridge, before that arrives. Some nice bucks have been seen cruising the last few days. Hopefully I can get one in close enough? We'll see? Monday will be the end of my bow season. Trying hard to make something happen!

Good luck to all hunting today!

Congratulations to all the successful hunters!

• Like 3

Well I was up before the alarm went off excited to spend another day in the woods. Looks like the rains not going to stop until 11am or so. I spend the morning with the family then hit the woods with my daughter for the evening sit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Moho81 said:

Well I was up before the alarm went off excited to spend another day in the woods. Looks like the rains not going to stop until 11am or so. I spend the morning with the family then hit the woods with my daughter for the evening sit

Am hoping this radar is correct and it gets em up n moving.light rain here currently,ur somewhat close to where im at correct??

Screenshot_20211113-055722_The Weather Channel.jpg

Am hoping this radar is correct and it gets em up n moving.light rain here currently,ur somewhat close to where im at correct??
838137655_Screenshot_20211113-055722_TheWeatherChannel.thumb.jpg.e5c19224fe95af882c36459708c36b04.jpg

Yep my hunting ground is just the other side of Batavia from you. I’m hoping I’m making the right decision. If my daughter wasn’t coming out with me I’d probably head out now and just wait for the rain to slow around 8am and sit for the whole day.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bionic said:

Hunting until 10:15, then have to hurry the hour to work until 5.  Damn soccer bulls#%t tournaments during deer season.  Have to babysit the place like last weekend on OT again.  Take their money. Good luck all

Somebody’s got to keep those places running and it means a lot to the kids.  Thanks for your help.  

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, wolc123 said:

Somebody’s got to keep those places running and it means a lot to the kids.  Thanks for your help.  

That’s true, you’re right. I get anxiety when I know I am going to miss hunting time.  This is a college showcase for older teens, so i guess it’s important for them lol.

• Like 1

#sent it.looked like a doe or spike,notta gettin a pass right now,need to make meat.took two big bounds.stood there for a min n walked off with tail halfway up.. hoping the shot wasnt far back......waiting a few to get down n check for arrow.

Your not making my decision to stay home any easier! I’ve almost left the house 3 different times now. How’s the rain?

I hope for a quick recovery

44 minutes ago, Bionic said:

Hunting until 10:15, then have to hurry the hour to work until 5.  Damn soccer bulls#%t tournaments during deer season.  Have to babysit the place like last weekend on OT again.  Take their money. Good luck all

Those darn window lickers and their sports , but hey it is OT going towards your next large purchase ..

• Haha 1

Up in 8j with my son rocking the crossbow.  Only 1 doe so far dead down wind but she never blew so we were happy about that.  Have a 915 hockey game for my youngest so we are getting down earlier than normal.

Also got the pictures of my son's Columbus day youth gun hunt.  Just need to go pick it up.

Screenshot_20211113-071119_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20211113-071135_Instagram.jpg

20211113_071449.jpg

• Like 22

Between my all day sit yesterday and only seeing a fawn and only having 2 deer on cam over night, I’m not very hopeful. Setting the bar REALLY LOW today (like on the ground), so any deer seen will exceed my expectations!

Seeing a deer right now would exceed my expectations.