LIVE From The Woods 2021 Stories And Pictures Let's Have Em!

grampy

45 minutes ago, Bionic said:

That’s true, you’re right. I get anxiety when I know I am going to miss hunting time.  This is a college showcase for older teens, so i guess it’s important for them lol.

I know exactly what you mean and I have suffered a bit of that myself lately.  Seeing the smiles on some of those kids faces, as they headed off to the tournament (different sport) in the big charter bus, made it all worth while. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, doebuck1234 said:

#sent it.looked like a doe or spike,notta gettin a pass right now,need to make meat.took two big bounds.stood there for a min n walked off with tail halfway up.. hoping the shot wasnt far back......waiting a few to get down n check for arrow.

The deers reaction sounds like hit that is back,good luck!

Well, I just blew it on a 2×4. I am sitting facing woods with my back to a Power line. A buck appears over my right shoulder, never heard him at all. I think it's the fork horn I took pics of the other day. So I grab my phone and turn to take his picture as he comes around the tree and as he comes into view I realize he is a 4 x2 so I stash the phone grab the crossbow and it makes a noise as maneuver for a shot which makes him trot about 20 yds. Only shot he gave me was a Texas heart shot and I wasn't taking that. Hopefully I'll see him again.

I was 100% certain that was a squirrel messing around behind me…. Until I shifted in my seat and she blew and trotted off. Ah well, back to enjoying the sunshine on my face. 

Ha been there so many times. The deer I shot early bow came right out from where I had a squirrel earlier. Looked over figuring it was still a squirrel and damn look at that big brown body haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well that’s it for my NY bow season. Was planning on sitting this morning but combination of rain and a hangover kept me out of the woods. First season in awhile I haven’t killed a bow buck but on the bright side I’m off to Kansas this afternoon to try and punch one down there. Hopefully will catch up with one of my NY bucks when I get back. Good luck to everyone the next week! it’s one of my favorite times and usually when I see the biggest bucks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 12