LIVE From The Woods 2021 Stories And Pictures Let's Have Em!

grampy

3 minutes ago, grampy said:

Give it a minimum of 6 to 8 hours before you start on the blood trail. Should find it in its first bed. Within 150 yards. Good luck.

Has been 8 hrs.put boots on the ground at 7hrs.jumped 2 deer so far n both beds dry n deer looked healthy.ive gotta be damn near stepping on this deer its just so dam thick.may have to call deer search.going to regroup at last blood n try to cut tracks again

Just got back home little while ago. We got the deer moving this morning on our second drive. A 16 year old shot a small buck we tracked and tracked till the blood was scarce and headed into swamp they called off track. I had a doe come down to within 20 yards stand no horns. Nice to just see deer. Found lots of sign ground scrapes and tree rubs. Nice hunting till the wind picked up and poured. ALso found a dead head think it's the 4 my wife's cuzin shot last year.more scrapes just didn't take pics of all of them.

IMG_20211113_134507030.jpg

IMG_20211113_121539008.jpg

IMG_20211113_121407849.jpg

IMG_20211113_130548684.jpg

IMG_20211113_121610806.jpg

IMG_20211113_134504140.jpg

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Absolutely could. 200 pound deer all day too. My heart still racing. 

So weird to have a buck shed in mid November? During breeding season? Don't think I've seen that before. Truly sucks to have a slob buck come in with no headgear!  :sorry:

3 minutes ago, grampy said:

So weird to have a buck shed in mid November? During breeding season? Don't think I've seen that before. Truly sucks to have a slob buck come in with no headgear!  :sorry:

I was thinking he might have gotten hurt ( car accident, hunter etc.) The extra stress might have made him lose the antlers. Just a theory.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, biggamefish said:

I was thinking he might have gotten hurt ( car accident, hunter etc.) The extra stress might have made him lose the antlers. Just a theory.

No noticeable injuries or limp. Watched him take 8-12,steps then jump over a blow down. Then thick stuff and bye bye sir 

• Confused 1