LIVE From The Woods 2021 Stories And Pictures Let's Have Em!

grampy

That’s what they called it.  It looks like the worst has past.  There was a quarter and half to  play and we were down 3 goals .  No lights on the field so they got to restart fast if we are going to finish.

548A0F7D-7BB7-4C91-8CB5-E9EAF044EE6A.jpeg

Edited by wolc123

Just now, wolc123 said:

That’s what they called it.  It looks like the worst has past.  There was a quarter and half to  play and we were down 3 goals .  No lights on the field so they got to restart fast if we are going to finish.

548A0F7D-7BB7-4C91-8CB5-E9EAF044EE6A.jpeg

Looks like the wind is whipping by the looks of the flag. 

Well I don't even know where to start. About a half hour after daybreak I had a doe and fawn come through with showers shortly after. I sat until 10 decided to pull a stand and move it. Got done with that still showers on and off so I figured screw it I'm already wet might better climb into a stand. I decided to hit another property so I went there climbed in the tree at 1:30 and it was sprinkling with some flurries mixed in at about 2:30 it had stopped. 15 minutes later I have 2 mature doe a button buck and doe fawn to my left at 35 yards just milling around when a doe comes in from my right and I hear a grunt. I grab the bow and out walks a heavy 8. I draw the bow and he is at 25 yards and I let it go. I don't remember ever hearing such a loud crack and the deer literally is knocked down and starts kicking and scrambling to get up. While this is happening I see my arrow and realize I've somehow shot him in the head. I grab another arrow but he has gotten up and stands just inside of a brush lot with no available shot for 20 minutes. He dropped my arrow while he was thrashing but looking through binoculars I could see I hit him above the eye and below the base of his antler. I get down just before dark and I still have no clue what happened. I went to where he stood in the brush and there was 5 or 6 spots where droplets of blood fell. The side of his face was pretty bloody though. I will go in the morning and see if there's any sign of him. I hate this feeling.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, bhunterED said:

Well I don't even know where to start. About a half hour after daybreak I had a doe and fawn come through with showers shortly after. I sat until 10 decided to pull a stand and move it. Got done with that still showers on and off so I figured screw it I'm already wet might better climb into a stand. I decided to hit another property so I went there climbed in the tree at 1:30 and it was sprinkling with some flurries mixed in at about 2:30 it had stopped. 15 minutes later I have 2 mature doe a button buck and doe fawn to my left at 35 yards just milling around when a doe comes in from my right and I hear a grunt. I grab the bow and out walks a heavy 8. I draw the bow and he is at 25 yards and I let it go. I don't remember ever hearing such a loud crack and the deer literally is knocked down and starts kicking and scrambling to get up. While this is happening I see my arrow and realize I've somehow shot him in the head. I grab another arrow but he has gotten up and stands just inside of a brush lot with no available shot for 20 minutes. He dropped my arrow while he was thrashing but looking through binoculars I could see I hit him above the eye and below the base of his antler. I get down just before dark and I still have no clue what happened. I went to where he stood in the brush and there was 5 or 6 spots where droplets of blood fell. The side of his face was pretty bloody though. I will go in the morning and see if there's any sign of him. I hate this feeling.

There is just about 1-1/2" of broadleaf buried in his skull.20211113_174857.thumb.jpg.11e7bb5a917bf5aff099e78d23eab69b.jpg

Things are definitely heating up around here. After flubbing my opportunity at a decent 8, rain hit here around noon and I headed out. Had some running around to do and saw 3 different bucks in 3 different fields while driving around, all between 130pm and 230pm. Got a small job in the morning but I'll be back in a stand as soon as I possibly can. Hopefully the next few days will make up for the slow season so far

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

• Like 1