LIVE From The Woods 2021 Stories And Pictures Let's Have Em!

grampy

Oh and question thought about it while I watch him do a scrape . Will other bucks  dig in each other's Scrapes?

Yes check my journal. All the bucks in the area will check it out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

2 hours ago, silent death said:

Just got woke up bye my chickens screaming I grabbed my shotgun and snuck outside and look who was out there trying to get in the coop...nice male coyote

20211115_043128.jpg

Very nice. Been a few months since I've had issues with critters looking for a chicken dinner. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, silent death said:

This is the first weve had coyotes around normally it's the Fisher cat or raccoons or possoms 

There just as bad.  My fenced in yard and 3 large dogs help tremendously. The only predator I really worry about is hawks. Had them swoop down after a chicken with me and the dogs only a few feet away. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, mowin said:

There just as bad.  My fenced in yard and 3 large dogs help tremendously. The only predator I really worry about is hawks. Had them swoop down after a chicken with me and the dogs only a few feet away. 

Our chicken coop is fenced in he was just trying to find a way in the back side. We have 5 roosters so whenever something gets anywhere near the coop and they see it or hear it they start making noise.. when they start goin off before 6am it gets my attention 

• Like 2

Been really selective on a track I would take this morning. This time of year if you catch one wandering you can be in for a long day and never get close. I just got on a very big track that’s with a doe and I believe I jumped them because shortly after I cut the track they were running. I’m going to give them a bit to settle then get on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

65867527860__835AAC2E-53AE-4624-9289-4F7F7B31DC6A.jpg
  • Like 23

14 hours ago, Hock3y24 said:

I threw the shoulder blade in some water and simmered it. I’m leaving it in there and gonna Whiten it like my deer skulls. I’m gonna can a bunch and leave some in stew meat. Maybe some grind for tacos or something I can fully cook. 

curious if you're getting it tested. I hunted a few times for them in the daks and was never sure what I'd do if I was successful, although I knew I'd want to eat it.