LIVE From The Woods 2021 Stories And Pictures Let's Have Em!

grampy

26 minutes ago, Whereareyoubuck said:

Well I do have another buck tag, but yeah honestly I'm very happy with the one I already got. Guess I'm just scouting for next year...

I know the rules are different in some parts of the state and I vaguely remember there being something different downstate but how do you have another buck tag?

I know the rules are different in some parts of the state and I vaguely remember there being something different downstate but how do you have another buck tag?

My bow tag and big game tag can be used in 3S from oct 1 - 12/31…even on the same day if I so choose

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Bolt action said:

catching up from the office.. the hardest part about this site is remembering where i left off with "Live from the Woods"!

Congrats on a pile of nice deer taken in recent days, and a bear! 

If i am on my computer there is a blue line under the last post I read. On my phone it automatically goes to the first unread post on a thread.....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bolt action said:

catching up from the office.. the hardest part about this site is remembering where i left off with "Live from the Woods"!

Congrats on a pile of nice deer taken in recent days, and a bear! 

If on the computer click on the tiny little blue dot at the beginning of the post title. It will take you to the first unread posts.  Most of the time, that feature is very buggy, especially the last few months. 

• Like 1

Catching up on a couple days of rifle hunting in Vermont.  It hasn't exactly been slow, but I'm not seeing any rut activity.  I suspect the big boys are in lockdown, but what do I know...  Highlight of the last few days was watching a doe and fawns at 4-5 yards.  They were feeding on raspberry bushes and grass in the edge of a power line.  I was 14' up in a cedar.  The doe finally winded me and bounded off, but didn't blow.  Saw an 80lb spikehorn that was out "cruising".  Sat on my plot here at home this evening.  No deer at all today.  Cams are pretty slow.  The good news is that I can hunt as much as I want. 

Quick sit here in the morning, then probably back to the farm for more hours in the ladder stands.

KIMG0205.jpeg

KIMG0203.jpeg

KIMG0204.jpeg

• Like 5

5 hours ago, TheHornHunter said:

I think I might move to Kansas lol. A mega 198 dropped in camp last night. I passed a mid 40s buck two hours into my first hunt but wasn’t ready to end my week so early, especially with the caliber deer running around here. Gonna have a hard time going back to NY haha

d51b8fe32170dda14f599a1ddfe813a2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Midwest ruins it. It just does IMO. Hard to explain. Have fun.

• Like 2

Had a really good day today. It is my son's 25th birthday,  took the 8 this morning,  and got a phone call from the board of elections that I won the town counsel seat. 

Now to get ready for gun opener on Saturday.  I found a nice area, prior to taking my buck this morning to hunt with the gun once pressure is put on the deer. Figure I will hunt it 2nd weekend of gun

• Like 16

1 minute ago, Just Lucky said:

Had a really good day today. It is my son's 25th birthday,  took the 8 this morning,  and got a phone call from the board of elections that I won the town counsel seat. 

Now to get ready for gun opener on Saturday.  I found a nice area, prior to taking my buck this morning to hunt with the gun once pressure is put on the deer. Figure I will hunt it 2nd weekend of gun

Congrats all around ..

Not quite live from the woods but cell signal sucks on most of my property lately.

Finally scratched my itch. I’ve been quiet on here (nothing purposeful!) but thought I’d share.

I’ve had maybe 15-20 sits and have seen zero decent bucks. None of the 6-8 good ones that graced my trail cams since late summer. A couple of regular groups of does and half a dozen small bucks, and very few in range. One of the doe groups has a nosy doe that seems to always look in my direction. Half a dozen times now. Even when she’s directly upwind 200 yds away. I don’t know if this was her or not but maybe, she wasn’t being nosy tonight. I was in a pop up, 40 yd shot, quartering away, she went 75. The Rage didn’t pass through. Found half but not the business half. Must’ve stuck inside the opposite shoulder. It did seem to make a louder thwack than normal. I’ll go peek inside after dinner.

370D5EF8-7F65-4EBD-8777-1170E55D34EF.jpeg

• Like 43