LIVE From The Woods 2021 Stories And Pictures Let's Have Em!

grampy

Not quite live from the woods but cell signal sucks on most of my property lately.

Finally scratched my itch. I’ve been quiet on here (nothing purposeful!) but thought I’d share.
I’ve had maybe 15-20 sits and have seen zero decent bucks. None of the 6-8 good ones that graced my trail cams since late summer. A couple of regular groups of does and half a dozen small bucks, and very few in range. One of the doe groups has a nosy doe that seems to always look in my direction. Half a dozen times now. Even when she’s directly upwind 200 yds away. I don’t know if this was her or not but maybe, she wasn’t being nosy tonight. I was in a pop up, 40 yd shot, quartering away, she went 75. The Rage didn’t pass through. Found half but not the business half. Must’ve stuck inside the opposite shoulder. It did seem to make a louder thwack than normal. I’ll go peek inside after dinner.
370D5EF8-7F65-4EBD-8777-1170E55D34EF.thumb.jpeg.1974638e927924bdb973e7810b077352.jpeg
Great shot placement!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Learned a tough lesson today! I've been draggin' ass lately from the previous 35 hunts and not seeing squat. I am run down and honestly ready to give up. I woke up this morning, checked my cell cam pics from last night and was really disappointed, but not surprised, to have ZERO deer pics from 10 cams... UGH!! I needed to go into the office one day this week anyways, so I decided I needed a break, and today would be the day. Between 7am-11am, I had pics of a target buck walking by 4 different stands! I take ONE day off in the past month...... SOB!! I was in a stand by 12:30 though, all motivated and ready for all day hunts the rest of the week!! :cool: 

You can see my treestand in the upper left corner. Oh well, if nothing else, I planned to put my daughter in this stand on Saturday anyways.

5030-DF27-1675-40-B2-B8-BE-087615-AD53-F

Edited by Cabin Fever
  • Like 20
  • Sad 4

25 minutes ago, Cabin Fever said:

Learned a tough lesson today! I've been draggin' ass lately from the previous 35 hunts and not seeing squat. I am run down and honestly ready to give up. I woke up this morning, checked my cell cam pics from last night and was really disappointed, but not surprised, to have ZERO deer pics from 10 cams... UGH!! I needed to go into the office one day this week anyways, so I decided I needed a break, and today would be the day. Between 7am-12pm, I had pics of a target buck walking by 4 different stands! I take ONE day off in the past month...... SOB!! I was in a stand by 12:30 though, all motivated and ready for all day hunts the rest of the week!! :cool:

You can see my treestand in the upper left corner.

5030-DF27-1675-40-B2-B8-BE-087615-AD53-F

Tough break, you have been putting your time in thats for sure. Get him tomorrow!

• Like 1

Good chill in the air this morning. Wind is blowing a steady 10-12. Hmmm should I sit the stand I thought would be great this season and not see anything but do some serious tree surfing or sit the stand in the thick stuff and not see anything? Or worse, finally see a nice one and have no shot. At least there will be less wiggle in that tree. Having a rough season this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11 hours ago, Steuben Jerry said:

Not quite live from the woods but cell signal sucks on most of my property lately.

You and me both. Verizon has gotten to be a joke West of Rochester. I can usually text if I need help, but otherwise most areas have less service than they did years ago. I switched all my cell cams to ATT for that reason. I've heard that it's because of a spat with local authorities on who foots what part of the bill for 5G tower upgrades? That's just hearsay, but makes sense. 

At least it keeps me from twiddling on my phone in the stand lol.

5 minutes ago, knehrke said:

You and me both. Verizon has gotten to be a joke West of Rochester. I can usually text if I need help, but otherwise most areas have less service than they did years ago. I switched all my cell cams to ATT for that reason. I've heard that it's because of a spat with local authorities on who foots what part of the bill for 5G tower upgrades? That's just hearsay, but makes sense. 

At least it keeps me from twiddling on my phone in the stand lol.

We had a bad summer storm two years ago that knocked out local cell service for a day. When it came back, Verizon was 50% of it's previous signal strength and has been ever since. I was using a Verizon hotspot for home internet and that became almost unusable so we switched that to ATT.

Even though all the neighbors report the same signal loss, Verizon denies they have an issue and just wants to sell me new equipment. I haven't switched the phones to ATT only because they work great everywhere else and we can connect the phones to wi-fi on the ATT device when we're home.