LIVE From The Woods 2021 Stories And Pictures Let's Have Em!

grampy

Bigger than a fox me thinks....

Haha, sorry to disappoint. Things were quiet 11-325pm when I saw 2 deer trotting. They circled back around 4pm and it was the big 7pt from this morning with a doe. He was gently chasing her from 4-410pm then they started feeding. I threw the kitchen sink at them 60-65yds away and they were completely unfazed and slowly fed out of sight. Epic day, no arrows flung. Next stop WNY!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 9

8 minutes ago, #Deer Lives Matter said:

Not the biggest deer of my life but the most memorable one for sure. Both my sons contracted Covid last Sunday and recovered rather quickly. After isolation and quarantined finally got out to hunt with my 9 year old.  Out steps this guy at 15 yards at 4:30. Needless to say, the shot was true and we made a memory that probably means more to me than him. 

1116211701.jpg

Way to go dad, trust me he will remember. Congrats to you both 

Not the biggest deer of my life but the most memorable one for sure. Both my sons contracted Covid last Sunday and recovered rather quickly. After isolation and quarantined finally got out to hunt with my 9 year old.  Out steps this guy at 15 yards at 4:30. Needless to say, the shot was true and we made a memory that probably means more to me than him. 
1116211701.thumb.jpg.3eb376a87a99d9874b221750c0656d59.jpg
1116211643.thumb.jpg.13c24835a1a272ee598b8fa053d223c1.jpg

Love it!!! Speaking from experience this will be a day you think back to often and it will bring a little smile to your face every time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

43 minutes ago, #Deer Lives Matter said:

1116211701.jpg

1116211643.jpg

That's awesome look at the look on that kids face.  Congrats on the deer and a great memory.

We have not heard from Biz in a while, he may have been trampled by now!!

Thanks. I’ve accepted defeat! LOL No biggie! I’m just gonna ride out the rest of the season in the stand. Just don’t want to look back and have regrets. No guarantees there will be a next season…

Hunt Hard or Go Home!! LOL

1116211701.thumb.jpg.3eb376a87a99d9874b221750c0656d59.jpg
1116211643.thumb.jpg.13c24835a1a272ee598b8fa053d223c1.jpg
Well freaking done and a buck to boot! My boys would be arm wrestling over who gets the euro mount in there room! Also glad they recovered quickly.

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

Back at it today. Gonna sit the stand in the thick stuff. Decent spot but no shot over 25 yards. I did some recon yesterday and what I found was confirmed when I was talking to someone that lives in one of the houses surrounding the woods. Turns out a new group of kids found the sand pit not far from the spot where I hung a stand where I saw bucks parading past last season. They go in there all night and party and bonfire and blow stuff up (homeowners words). I have a good mind to take a chainsaw and block every possible entrance for a vehicle. So I will sit a bit and then scout a new location before moving my stand.
Good luck to those headed out this morning. This will be my coldest sit so far this season. 33°. Calm wind

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Just shot a coyote! He was facing me with his nose to the ground, so not the desirable broadside shot. Must have missed his spine as he ran off. Arrow covered in blood and lots of hair on the ground, but just saw specs of blood. Only looked about 10 yards so far, as it’s still early and he ran into a bedding area. Really hate to go in there to disturb anything, especially for a coyote. I’ll look a little more after the hunt.

• Like 19

Congrats @Steuben Jerry and #DLM. Awesome deer and memories with the boys that you won't forget! My older son is 8 and my newbie is only 14 or 15 months... so it'll be a little while before I get there, but I can't wait. My older son turned a corner recently and went from the "I don't want to hurt animals" camp over to the "Daddy I can't wait to go deer hunting with you" camp. Depending on how the early gun season goes, I may let him tag along for an afternoon sit later in the season.

• Like 1

Nice day to kill a deer. Good luck all
20211117_071336.thumb.jpg.29f6c4c7e36e3b46dee4076b96f9074f.jpg
Talk to me about the sight.....Hha optimizer?
I am making the switch this winter to one. Do you just set for a yardage like 25 and adjust high or low from there? Or do you actually dial it in for the know yardage the animal is at?

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk