LIVE From The Woods 2021 Stories And Pictures Let's Have Em!

grampy

55 minutes ago, biggamefish said:

Is this the red barn deer? Crazy!

FB_IMG_1637173965632.jpg

both this and that buck on AT are true monster freaks and dudes still do the fishands with them. I don't get it... actually I do get why they do it, and I still don't see the reason myself. Heck this one even has a guy standing behind the hunter for added effect. 

• Like 1

Checked cams after my hunt this morning. Man is this one gonna sting for a while!! I posted a pic earlier, but the saved pics on the SD card are better. I was supposed to be on vacation on Monday, but decided to go to work to "rest up", as I was just physically and mentally drained. The ONE and ONLY morning I didn't hunt in weeks and this beauty of a 10pt was all over the property!! Had pics of him passing 5 different stands between 7-11am!! Unbelievable!!! 

You can see my "unoccupied" stand right over his head, 15 yards away! This is how my season has gone so far!! LOL

SYFW0035-2.jpg

SYFW0036-2.jpg

I'll be putting my daughter in this stand this weekend. Would love it if he would swing by again!!

• Like 18

My 2021 archery season is a wrap. I was lucky enough to score before Halloween and that was a blessing in disguise with a new job and a lot of travel during prime time. I hunted the least amount I have ever hunted post college except maybe the year my oldest was born. 

10 sits

7 evenings, 3 mornings

Deer seen all but 4 sits (first 3 and final)

1 tag punched

I think this means I'm in for a gun season grind. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Cabin Fever said:

Checked cams after my hunt this morning. Man is this one gonna sting for a while!! I posted a pic earlier, but the saved pics on the SD card are better. I was supposed to be on vacation on Monday, but decided to go to work to "rest up", as I was just physically and mentally drained. The ONE and ONLY morning I didn't hunt in weeks and this beauty of a 10pt was all over the property!! Had pics of him passing 5 different stands between 7-11am!! Unbelievable!!! 

You can see my "unoccupied" stand right over his head, 15 yards away! This is how my season has gone so far!! LOL

SYFW0035-2.jpg

SYFW0036-2.jpg

I'll be putting my daughter in this stand this weekend. Would love it if he would swing by again!!

what an awesome buck

Back in the stand for a short evening sit. No hunting the last two days as I was piling up points with my lovely wife. I was her driver as she made calls at the far limit of her newly expanded territory. Started out Tuesday morning heading up to Rochester. Then to Watertown, Ogdensburg, Massena and back to Watertown for dinner with her parents. Hotel stay and then stops in Watertown, Auburn (and Bass Pro Shop), Geneva and Canandaigua. Very tired of driving. Only two live deer spotted from behind the windshield but 14 dead ones. 
Not the best conditions this afternoon, 55 and swirling winds but it beats sitting in a car. 
Last bow sit so couldn’t pass it up. Good luck to all. 

Had my resident doe and fawn just walk by. I assume these are the same 2 that a basket racked 8pt terrorizes every night in this spot! Guess they thought they would sneak out early, so they can feed in peace! Got several pics of the 8pt running them across my back yard early this morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Cabin Fever said:

SYFW0035-2.jpg

SYFW0036-2.jpg

That deer is amazing.  I know your pain. I've had those seasons . Bucks there but timing isn't.  Oh wait....I'm having one now.  

Good luck. Keep at em. Rooting for you!

• Like 2

Based on my dad and my observations and trail cams I think the rut is still on in 8F but for sure at the tail end. I don’t predict a slaughter like a few years ago when we got that snow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That snow year was the only time since I've been hunting that all 4 guys hunting our property shot something opening weekend. I doubt it will ever happen again

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk