LIVE From The Woods 2021 Stories And Pictures Let's Have Em!

grampy

3 minutes ago, Cabin Fever said:

Slowed to a light rain here, that’s “supposed” to stop very soon…. Windy, dreary, and cold though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rain hasn't started here in 4U yet. My nephew's might make the entire afternoon hunt before it starts. 

Sunny and 70 in San Di…. Ummm…. 3S.
Might as well throw in gusts of wind!!

Throwing conventions out the window and hunting the top of a hill with Decent acorns still & heavy runs...sure all my instincts say hunt the water in this heat but lately my instincts have been dead wrong!!!!

but lately my instincts have been dead wrong!!!!

You and me both!! After this all day rain, and the 13 degree temp drop from the morning hunt, my gut tells me they “should” be moving!!! Plus, you would think the bucks should be on the move anyways looking for a hot doe!! (And I’m not just talking about being pretty either!)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Moho81 said:

I’m pumped, plans changed and I’m headed to camp tonight thru Sunday. Tomorrow will be a dark to dark bow sit!

Last ditch effort I love it! I went for a scout this morning and saw plenty of sign but no deer,well,one once I was almost back to the truck,couldn't tell what it was even,just saw the white flag before it dropped over the bank.

I will try tomorrow if I get a chance, then the muzzleloader comes out on Saturday until I get another deer in the freezer,then I may go back to the bow.

1 hour ago, crappyice said:

Throwing conventions out the window and hunting the top of a hill with Decent acorns still & heavy runs...sure all my instincts say hunt the water in this heat but lately my instincts have been dead wrong!!!!

Hope you shoot a buck! (just not 1 of mine)

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

I bet Someone on this forum shot a giant tonight. Not me. But coke can bases.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Almost. Nephew seen the big boy chasing a doe full tilt at 60yrds. Then back through at 50yrds.. then back through at 75 yrds never to be seen again.  Well maybe tomorrow??

Not live from the woods but while at work today I seen a bunch of deer.  At the first job site in Tonawanda I seen 3 big bucks all 120" and bigger

chasing does and needed near a group of does.  

Then at the Broadway driving range in depew there were 4 huge bucks chasing around a bunch of does and a few of the does were definitely ready for them.

IMG_20211118_153723_01.jpg

IMG_20211118_153720_01.jpg

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Lawdwaz said:

This weekend is going to be fantastic..........

Gosh I hope your right Larry!! Ben’s super discouraged lately. He’s coming down for the entire weekend for his first gun season opener and I am praying we see horns for him!! GL!!

• Like 2

Got it done in Kansas tonight! Was in the game with some megas but wasn’t about to pass this buck at 30 yards broadside on my second to last night. Haven’t taped him yet but I figure at least low 40s and outfitter thinks he’ll run mid to high 40s. This state is wild… 6 people in camp and a 200, 190 and two 140+. Hoping the last two can fill tags tomorrow and hopefully I’ll be back for an afternoon hunt in NY Saturday

8465fdbe3afc02fedf2eb2954296b95c.jpg

fbfbc0ca291f2f11fac763e8def88f2a.jpg

• Like 29