LIVE From The Woods 2021 Stories And Pictures Let's Have Em!

grampy

1 minute ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Headed in for the morning watch before the orange army is released tomorrow. Maybe today I see something worthy to make meat ?! 

Sending good vibes your way Jay! You certainly paid your dues this season and deserve a giant!!

Giving it another try this morning...  I have a few last minute things to get ready for gun season, so I'll probably pull the plug at 10:00. Want to pull some cams on my way out. Not sure if I'll hunt this afternoon.

Won't be hunting no where near as much during gun season.

In for my last archery hunt since 6:15. In the stand I shot the 9pt last Saturday. Not 100% sure I will take a doe especially with the lack of deer this year but if a lone big girl shows up it will be a game time decision. Perfect wind. Just happy to be in a stand instead of at work.

1119210652.jpg

• Like 3

Guess I’m done with the stick and string for a bit and am ready for a rifle in my hands. Our NJ daughter is on her way with the grandkids and crazy spaniel for her annual buck slaying/thanksgiving visit and I’ll be doing a little babysitting today from 11 til my wife gets home at 6pm. Candyland and Barbies for me this afternoon, lol.

Of course I’ll put my Crossbow on the deck just in case Mr Big shows up in the back yard. Never shot one from the house, but for the right buck, there’s always a first time!

Go get ‘em! 

C599C97E-4042-48D0-9B69-D90981721450.jpeg

6357A3D2-F14D-42B5-B33A-1EDFC2C4153C.jpeg

• Like 14

Had a coyote go by right before shooting light. We’ll be looking for them during gun season as much as we will be for deer this season! Never seen a place with so many before and by the looks of cam pics, they’re just as active during the day as they are at night!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just had a fisher chasing mice 15 feet from me. He got one. Then he pushed out a fat rabbit who sat in front of me at 12 yards. I was tempted but I was hoping to see him come outa the thicket after it lol.

• Like 3

East wind sucks for this spot , never see deer here anyhow so that’s a wrap on archery season for me. Good luck out there. I don’t regret passing on any of the spikes , 4 point , small does and fawns. Have off all day but cleaning up around the house and a nap sound more fun. Make meat you guys

• Like 9

8 hours ago, TheHornHunter said:

Got it done in Kansas tonight! Was in the game with some megas but wasn’t about to pass this buck at 30 yards broadside on my second to last night. Haven’t taped him yet but I figure at least low 40s and outfitter thinks he’ll run mid to high 40s. This state is wild… 6 people in camp and a 200, 190 and two 140+. Hoping the last two can fill tags tomorrow and hopefully I’ll be back for an afternoon hunt in NY Saturday

8465fdbe3afc02fedf2eb2954296b95c.jpg

fbfbc0ca291f2f11fac763e8def88f2a.jpg

Insane. Congrats!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ApexerER said:

Just noticed I have a doe bedded 30 yds to my right. No idea if she snuck in somehow or if she has been there all morning. Saw its head move and thought it was a squirrel

Well, she was a small he. He just got up and is feeding in the bottom of the ravine

• Like 2
  • Haha 1