LIVE From The Woods 2021 Stories And Pictures Let's Have Em!

grampy

10 minutes ago, ApexerER said:

Didn't see a post from @grampyor @Nomad today. Hope you guys are dragging out big ones!

Saw 7 deer between 7 and 11 this morning. All doe's  except one small buck chasing a doe around. He got a free pass. 

At 2:30 saw a doe and fawn. That was my opening day. At least I did see some deer.

• Like 5

Yes I was on deer all day seen 32. Had a shot at a great buck don't know what happened shot he stood there put it on him click re racked shot click 3 times finally mosied away with his doe. Most deer coming thru at one time 20. After that large doe came into 20 yards. Watched her till she seen me. Surprised no. Surprised no bucks came into grunt or can and tink's 69. The buck I shot was at 100 125.@swampbucks put me on deer and I'm 0/2 so much for being army infantry oh well good time rifle may go in lake I'm staying on. Wife told me I can get a new one. One hell of a drag under my belt 1 mile with help from friends and sweaty back to stand. All day sit 500 to about 345.

• Like 2

Lots of great deer taken today! Great day for the forum. Congrats to everyone who scored! I did my part. Sat from 5a till about 6p. Not a single deer seen. Heard about 40 shots all day. Neighbor to my south had 6 guys in 20ish acres and they also saw nothing. Back in tomorrow..

12 minutes ago, REDNECK4LIFE32 said:

Yes I was on deer all day seen 32. Had a shot at a great buck don't know what happened shot he stood there put it on him click re racked shot click 3 times finally mosied away with his doe. Most deer coming thru at one time 20. After that large doe came into 20 yards. Watched her till she seen me. Surprised no. Surprised no bucks came into grunt or can and tink's 69. The buck I shot was at 100 125.@swampbucks put me on deer and I'm 0/2 so much for being army infantry oh well good time rifle may go in lake I'm staying on. Wife told me I can get a new one. One hell of a drag under my belt 1 mile with help from friends and sweaty back to stand. All day sit 500 to about 345.

Still have atleast 1 more morning to get it done.  There's a bunch of bucks left on that hill. Hopefully one makes a mistake tomorrow am.

15 minutes ago, Otto said:

Never saw a single deer all day. Corey was out too and he also saw nothing. Neighbor was out target shooting from 1:30-3. Didn't help much. 

Looks like a banner of a day for a lot of folks though. But looks like you and I are still grinding it out.  Hope you get out tomorrow and have some luck. 

I have to work Monday then am off the rest of the week I hope to get it done. 

• Like 1

Congrats to all who scored today - hoping the rest score tomorrow! I'll be out in the morning, before I go get my new pups, as the adult with my friends daughter's first youth hunt. She just got her licenses today. Gonna try and get her on a buck. If I knew this before today, I would have saved my doe tag for her but I just found out tonight and offered to take her tomorrow morning for her first hunt. Hoping she has beginners luck.  Ah good times passing on the traditions!

2 hours ago, chrisw said:

Sllloooowwww day in 7M. Least amount of hunters I've ever seen, least amount of shooting. Heard 2 shots from 12-4:45pm. The deer are there but with noone to make them move, they don't. Going to the lease tomorrow, even though that's been dead too. The neighbors killed 2 great bucks today, seems all of the bucks I was seeing are over there for whatever reason.

Sent from my moto g fast using Tapatalk

3 of us were in 7m today too and zero!

• Like 1