LIVE From The Woods 2021 Stories And Pictures Let's Have Em!

grampy

I heard someone say that the peak rut seems to be later this year. Anybody else seeing that? I just had this big guy run all the way from one end of my property to the other, through my cameras, chasing a doe. Also, doesn’t it look like he only has one side of his rack? And stuff hanging from it. 

62BB674F-F215-429A-BB01-3C6E89B850D5.jpeg

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Whereareyoubuck said:

I heard someone say that the peak rut seems to be later this year. Anybody else seeing that? I just had this big guy run all the way from one end of my property to the other, through my cameras, chasing a doe. Also, doesn’t it look like he only has one side of his rack? And stuff hanging from it. 

62BB674F-F215-429A-BB01-3C6E89B850D5.jpeg

IMO it is slightly later, although in 2018 I watched a buck dogging a doe down the road after a morning gun hunt, 2019 shot a buck tending a doe. I think it really comes down to doe to buck ratio in a specific area and deer density. 

• Like 1

Didn’t see a thing today. Very low harvest compared to other other years at the club. So tempted to have another drink a prolong my misery but it’s time for bed as 4:30am is just a few short hours away.

Morning sit followed by a meet up with my wife half way to home to grab my oldest then back in the stand for the evening.

If I could have it my way I won’t see squat in the morning and take a nice doe/buck in the evening with her.

#makememories
#makemeat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4

Up and at em for another day in the deer woods. Going to other side of the property today. Down in the cut. Got a hunch about that spot. Hasn't been hunted, and have a few different bucks on camera in the vicinity. 

Good luck to all heading out!

• Like 3

And away we go…quick morning sit as I need to get hone for some family events. 38 wit a ligh breeze and fantastic cloud cover. Let’s see if a big boy swing through checking for a hottie.
Good luck, shoot straight, make meat and memories!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk