LIVE From The Woods 2021 Stories And Pictures Let's Have Em!

grampy

6 minutes ago, chrisw said:

Ended the morning with my shot at #34. I didn't hunt the lease yesterday so I'm not sure how it compares to the opener.

Sent from my moto g fast using Tapatalk

There were a lot of shots yesterday morning in 8F. I counted at least 25 before 9, then it died out. Only a few for the rest of the day.

I skipped this morning because of the wind direction. It's supposed to change overnight and i have all week to get it done. I'm in a different stand now until dark.

• Like 1

Checked out a couple spots I’ve been wanting to look at on state down the road mid day. The one a dud, the other I jumped a deer right off and was not prepared lol. It’s prolly a dud too except for a quick peek during a storm or light rain.

Back up a tree to dark.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

So are the rules for this blind...."bedroom slippers only"?

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

Pro tip - pack in sneakers or something comfortable. Not only is it more comfortable to sit in an old pair of shoes versus the heavy boots but your feet also stay warmer because the insulated boots stop the warm air from the heater from warming up your feet if they got cold.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

There really are deer in the woods!

My wife tapped out at 9:30 and headed back to the truck. I texted here I wanted to sit still for a while longer. I packed up and headed out a little before 11. I jumped a deer just past where she had been sitting on my way out. I heard it and only saw a tail. So, I skirted the area where we park to see if I could get a better look. Jumped them again, turned out to be two does which turned and ran back towards where I originally jumped them.

Being optimistic I thought I'd drop my pack at the truck and sit for a short bit in a small gully thinking maybe a buck would come sniffing. So I drop my pack and motion to my wife I'm going to take a quick peek pointing where I was headed. I start walking past the truck and I hear a doe blow in front of me. I glance to my right and see another two deer looking at me, she stomped blew and both took off. I put on a little stalk, and they were both does too. I was hoping one was a buck, with just about all I had I was hoping one of them was a buck.

So we saw a total of 6 deer between us, probably 5 as the doe she had milling around was probably one of the ones I jumped on my way out. I'll take it! Actually seeing deer helps motivate me more then staring at squirrels and chipmunks.

I want to head out down here tomorrow, hopefully the coffee I spilled all over my little chair dries by then and my knees feel better. I don't know what's going on, but the past year or so my knees and elbows hurt enough to rival my back at times.

13 minutes ago, corydd7 said:

Big body 8 point I grunted in at about 3:30. Sat behind a rock wall for about 45 minutes. Quick efficient hunt for once lol. Hopefully my buddy doubles up.

20211121_155549.jpg

Out of likes for the day but Congrats. Way to Go!