LIVE From The Woods 2021 Stories And Pictures Let's Have Em!

grampy

went for a still hunt and had two does at 10 yds. I figured the first was on the small side,she caught my scent and turned away, then another came right to me. I fired but the muzzleloader misfired,only the primer went off. Of course she heard it and left. I am not sure what the problem was,maybe it was the breech plug,I bought a replacement one and couldn't remember which one I usually use.

I keep seeing deer closer during gun season than I did during bow,how weird is that. 

4 hours ago, chrisw said:

Plus my left ear is still ringing from the shot yesterday. Damn muzzle brakes! 

I have same thing going on. Yesterday was the first time I shot a rifle with a muzzle brake on it without earplugs.... Holy smokes was it loud! I won't shoot another doe with that gun without earplugs in, for a good buck I can hack it.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, E J said:

I have same thing going on. Yesterday was the first time I shot a rifle with a muzzle brake on it without earplugs.... Holy smokes was it loud! I won't shoot another doe with that gun without earplugs in, for a good buck I can hack it.

Same here….well not me but my son. When he shot his buck yesterday in an enclosed blind it was so loud when he shot the thermometer nailed to a wall fell down.  He turns and looks at me and says i think got a concussion

4 minutes ago, REDNECK4LIFE32 said:

Did Hank the tank go down yet?

Yes my son got him yesterday morning we sat together in the Buckform.  He was pumped and I certainly fed off of his adrenaline rush…good times with family and friends.  

• Like 1

From someone with 60% permanent hearing loss ditch the stupid muzzle breaks guys. I know they look cool but it’s not worth it. They sell thread protectors if you don’t want to just cut the threads off.

Trust me when I tell you dealing with these frigging hearing aids isn’t worth the 2% reduction in felt recoil!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Sigh of relief.....I am now off til next Monday. Needed a vacation. Still not an official whole week but I haven't taken a whole week off in over 10 years.  Going to hunt and just enjoy it.  Hopefully even run into a buck out there.  

Couple of inches of snow Tonite too. Wed and Thurs weather looks great. 

• Like 10

2 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

Sigh of relief.....I am now off til next Monday. Needed a vacation. Still not an official whole week but I haven't taken a whole week off in over 10 years.  Going to hunt and just enjoy it.  Hopefully even run into a buck out there.  

Couple of inches of snow Tonite too. Wed and Thurs weather looks great. 

Good deal Rob.  Hope the bucks cooperate this week.  Even if they don't - have a great vacation.

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

From someone with 60% permanent hearing loss ditch the stupid muzzle breaks guys. I know they look cool but it’s not worth it. They sell thread protectors if you don’t want to just cut the threads off.

Trust me when I tell you dealing with these frigging hearing aids isn’t worth the 2% reduction in felt recoil!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know what your dealing with I've got a serious bout of tinnitus from Iraq 03/04 it doesn't go away.