LIVE From The Woods 2021 Stories And Pictures Let's Have Em!

grampy

Almost 6 inches here in my side of 8F. Truck is warming up and im getting some gear on. Headed to a honey hole thats been untouched since September. Shot a beautiful ten point there two years ago. We put up a new blind there right before the early doe season. Figured wife and I can both fit. Ill just bring my .44 for close shots. Trying to get her a deer. Good luck to all out this wintery day

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Hock3y24 said:

Asked for a shoulder mount like this one I found on the Internet, he is giving me the skull so i can clean it myself and saving the claws for my son, he wants to make necklaces. 

FBA4BFFD-B5CA-4F76-87F9-DB010775F3A3.jpeg

Most bear mounts I haven't really cared for. But I really like that one. Incredible year for you

• Like 1

10 hours ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Quick pop another primer in ? I had that happen last day of ml few years ago on a really nice 8 at 25 yards. I panicked and forgot to pop another primer in. I grab Rod and pull breech plug and cleared it then clanking Rod on platform of stand. He was still standing there til the instant I raised gun again. 

I tried but the doe stood at 18 yds watching me. I could not do it without moving too much for her taste.

Sigh of relief.....I am now off til next Monday. Needed a vacation. Still not an official whole week but I haven't taken a whole week off in over 10 years.  Going to hunt and just enjoy it.  Hopefully even run into a buck out there.  
Couple of inches of snow Tonite too. Wed and Thurs weather looks great. 

Fantastic and well deserved! I expect the Breakfast thread to be blown up!!!! Enjoy and knock down a slammer!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, SpacemanSpiff said:

Almost 6 inches here in my side of 8F. Truck is warming up and im getting some gear on. Headed to a honey hole thats been untouched since September. Shot a beautiful ten point there two years ago. We put up a new blind there right before the early doe season. Figured wife and I can both fit. Ill just bring my .44 for close shots. Trying to get her a deer. Good luck to all out this wintery day

Fresh snow and it is quiet out here in 8f. Very few fresh tracks in the snow hopefully they were waiting for daybreak to start cruising. Good luck!!

• Like 1

If you’re having a bad morning, this will make you laugh. I washed a bunch of my shit yesterday which means nothing is where it’s supposed to be and I always just wear a ball cap in so I don’t sweat. I keep and extra hat in my pack and I stuff my face mask in my pant pocket.

I have neither with me so I’ve cinched my hand warmer around my ears and cinched down my hood Kenny from South Park style. At least it isn’t windy!

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

2-3 inches of snow. A bunch of fresh tracks off the lawn in the thick up by the houses on way in. 28 out. I musta been a little excited about the snow as I was in stand at 5:42 Jeeze. It was the first morning I could actually see at legal 6:38 to shoot. Hoping some get up and wander by before I gotta bail for work.
0ff54a827e6278da291173ea3668a4aa.jpg
I’m I’m

• Like 3

I zigged they zagged. Walked past the tower a couple hundred yards to sit on Duke Saw a doe and a fawn or two come from the houses and go by the tower. Good to see some deer. Now a little closer lol

12 minutes ago, DDT said:

Looks like a little later today is better.   Wish I could be out, in hospital today for a procedure.  Back out Thursday. 

Screenshot_20211123-080814.jpg

I brought snacks and hot coffee. We'll see how long i can hold out. I may just try an all day sit.

Butchered yesterday. Dump run Dr appointment and then drop off meat for hot dogs.  Then come home and get stuff around for steelhead fishing trip in the morning with nephew.  

Have to be honest I'm kind of happy sitting in a warm house sipping coffee.  Freaking cold walking dogs at 5:30 AM.

Good luck to all that are out .