LIVE From The Woods 2021 Stories And Pictures Let's Have Em!

grampy

Cold but no snow in my part of 8H. Sitting in the shooting shed trying out the new fan mounted on the Little Buddy heater. It’s working great!  Pushing the hot air towards me and really keeping me warm. Now if the deer would just cooperate. 

984C1775-B45C-420D-966D-F106ABBF850D.jpeg

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, 46rkl said:

Cold but no snow in my part of 8H. Sitting in the shooting shed trying out the new fan mounted on the Little Buddy heater. It’s working great!  Pushing the hot air towards me and really keeping me warm. Now if the deer would just cooperate. 

984C1775-B45C-420D-966D-F106ABBF850D.jpeg

Is that a heat activated fan or battery?

I got up and saw all of the snow hanging off of the trees and knowing I wouldn't be able to see anything in the swamp and not wanting my truck on the side of the Rd for the snowplow to bury, I went back to bed. In my past experiences, the first snowfall seems to excite the hunters a lot more than the deer. I've never seen real good activity right after the first good accumulation. Probably go sit a green field tonight to see if anyone is hungry before dark.

Sent from my moto g fast using Tapatalk

59 minutes ago, Bionic said:

WOWWW just heard louuuud crashing, another buck came ripping through from the house right after that buck. And the big deer and doe full sprint on by! The sticks breaking, and thrashing was louuuud.  

Maybe try a little calling?  Hope it's your day.  Some action at least.

4 minutes ago, stubborn1VT said:

Maybe try a little calling?  Hope it's your day.  Some action at least.

Thank you, been slow Sat/Sun, Monday saw 1 small buck cruising, and now these 2 bucks today.  Dark-Darks until Monday, either way I’m enjoying myself.

• Like 2

My wife and son in law went out this morning. He didn’t have any luck over the weekend in his family’s camp. He’s only here til tomorrow morning so I signed over my doe tag to him and told him don’t go home without a deer. Wife didn’t see anything on the south side of property. Kevin sat on the north side in the stand I killed my 8 point, and he doubled up on an 8 point and a doe! Woohoo!

Going out help, pics to follow!

• Like 15

17 minutes ago, Steuben Jerry said:

My wife and son in law went out this morning. He didn’t have any luck over the weekend in his family’s camp. He’s only here til tomorrow morning so I signed over my doe tag to him and told him don’t go home without a deer. Wife didn’t see anything on the south side of property. Kevin sat on the north side in the stand I killed my 8 point, and he doubled up on an 8 point and a doe! Woohoo!

Going out help, pics to follow!

9E48180D-FE36-4FA0-81F5-B4BF19EF48C3.jpeg

• Like 30

16 hours ago, stubborn1VT said:

A muzzle brake and a supressor are very different things.  Maybe do a little research.  One is quiet and one is LOUD.

Duh, I know that. I was expressing the aggravation that the gun is all set to rock a can, except we don't live in the UK where they're considered a common curtesy.   

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, 50calpeephole said:

Duh, I know that. I was expressing the aggravation that the gun is all set to rock a can, except we don't live in the UK where they're considered a common curtesy.   

I didn't read that at all.  I don't see the necessity for supressors.  To each his own.