LIVE From The Woods 2021 Stories And Pictures Let's Have Em!

grampy

I knicked my knuckle on the way in. You would think I cut my finger off the way it is bleeding. Pretty sick of the wind today too. 

I think that’s suppose to be good luck … or attract coyotes… one of the two. I just can’t remember!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, Cabin Fever said:

I think that’s suppose to be good luck … or attract coyotes… one of the two. I just can’t remember!

Sharks.... your thinking about it attracting sharks. Might wanna get a bigger tree stand. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Sharks.... your thinking about it attracting sharks. Might wanna get a bigger tree stand. 

Sharks? In the woods?? Dude, you’ve been watching too many of the Sharknado movies!!!

Then again, crazier things have happened I guess! I probably have a better chance at seeing a shark than a shooter buck right now…

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Saw fresh tracks this am and pulled cards and left for an hour and a half. Was gonna go to a different stand but this boy was here at 2 am. Hoping he's on a 12 hr return !  
IMG_20211123_111232684.thumb.jpg.ed8703796ce35a7fbaa1e4c43381d470.jpg

I’ve pulled some monsters on cams lately too. All have been nocturnal after the 1st week in November.

Our best hope now is a doe in heat or for them to get pushed.

• Like 1

This baby is on its maiden voyage and I’m really liking it. Much better than the disposable hand warmers plus doubles as a backup battery

OCOOPA Hand Warmers Rechargeable, 7800mAh Long-Lasting Heating Electronic Hand Warmer, Battery Powered Great for Camping, Hunting, Warm Gift, Power Plus, 1-Pack https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07YC8CVWV/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_BQ2ZJ8YQ1DGRDGQB1V7K?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Belo said:

Uh the whole point is to save your hearing. They don’t hunt WITHOUT them overseas as it’s a safety thing.

Sounds like an excuse for more toys IMO.  I wear hearing protection when I practice.  I can handle the one round it takes to kill a deer.  If rifle fire is too disruptive in the area you are hunting, then I suggest you switch to a quiet, lethal crossbow.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Belo said:

This baby is on its maiden voyage and I’m really liking it. Much better than the disposable hand warmers plus doubles as a backup battery

OCOOPA Hand Warmers Rechargeable, 7800mAh Long-Lasting Heating Electronic Hand Warmer, Battery Powered Great for Camping, Hunting, Warm Gift, Power Plus, 1-Pack https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07YC8CVWV/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_BQ2ZJ8YQ1DGRDGQB1V7K?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Just ordered that exact warmer for my wife yesterday, she’s always cold when in the UTV. 

Sounds like an excuse for more toys IMO.  I wear hearing protection when I practice.  I can handle the one round it takes to kill a deer.  If rifle fire is too disruptive in the area you are hunting, then I suggest you switch to a quiet, lethal crossbow.

The one shot for some with already damaged hearing is worse than you may expect.

Meat in the freezer20211123_165148.thumb.jpg.8b82b5da02f9394c7d2dc03d543c8b46.jpg

Congrats! Beautiful doe! Couldn’t ask for a better welcome back present as you just have me 2 points. Any chance you will be after a buck for yourself this week ?

• Like 1

81b037e2e7c82de8022e098884862aa6.jpg

Finally connected early this morning. Hunting Park in 3N around 7:10 this small eight came from downwind to my left. Was on the move and had to burp twice to get him to stop. 40 yd shot thru some leaves. Did a 180 after shot and ran 50-60 yds. Heart shot pass thru. Small buck but meat in the freezer.

Missed an opportunity on a big six point Sunday in Roscoe. Will be out after Thanksgiving to fill a doe tag.

Good luck to all out there.

• Like 29

20 minutes ago, armkb said:

81b037e2e7c82de8022e098884862aa6.jpg

Finally connected early this morning. Hunting Park in 3N around 7:10 this small eight came from downwind to my left. Was on the move and had to burp twice to get him to stop. 40 yd shot thru some leaves. Did a 180 after shot and ran 50-60 yds. Heart shot pass thru. Small buck but meat in the freezer.

Missed an opportunity on a big six point Sunday in Roscoe. Will be out after Thanksgiving to fill a doe tag.

Good luck to all out there.

piebald? cool deer. what is a hunting park?

4 hours ago, Cabin Fever said:

Very nice Rob! First time on cam? Good luck!

2 hours ago, Steuben Jerry said:

Wow, new guy? Nice buck to move into the neighborhood!

I think I have him on cam already. Have 3 -8s in the area. One is bigger than this guy even just need em to make a daylight move in gun season.  I've seen em in bow but never close enough.

• Like 2