LIVE From The Woods 2021 Stories And Pictures Let's Have Em!

grampy

Saw fresh tracks this am and pulled cards and left for an hour and a half. Was gonna go to a different stand but this boy was here at 2 am. Hoping he's on a 12 hr return !  
IMG_20211123_111232684.thumb.jpg.ed8703796ce35a7fbaa1e4c43381d470.jpg
Barrel of a body on that dude! I'll help you drag when you kill him.

Sent from my moto g fast using Tapatalk

81b037e2e7c82de8022e098884862aa6.jpg

Finally connected early this morning. Hunting Park in 3N around 7:10 this small eight came from downwind to my left. Was on the move and had to burp twice to get him to stop. 40 yd shot thru some leaves. Did a 180 after shot and ran 50-60 yds. Heart shot pass thru. Small buck but meat in the freezer.

Missed an opportunity on a big six point Sunday in Roscoe. Will be out after Thanksgiving to fill a doe tag.

Good luck to all out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congratz
Very dark deer with some piebald in it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Went to look for any sign of a hit on the buck I shot at late yesterday. We searched where the buck was standing. We grid searched the entire Woodlot twice. We circled around the woodlot checking every exit trail. Nothing found at all. Except tons of fresh scrapes and rubs. Thankfully it was a clean miss. First time in about 20 years.

I'd like to thank a member here, who I have a ton of respect for. He knows who he is. He text me this morning with positive feed back. And these words..

"I live with my shots. It ain't always pretty. I try to learn from it. And don't dwell on it".

The words of a world class hunter, and friend. I'll carry them with me, and move on.

• Like 11

20 minutes ago, grampy said:

Went to look for any sign of a hit on the buck I shot at late yesterday. We searched where the buck was standing. We grid searched the entire Woodlot twice. We circled around the woodlot checking every exit trail. Nothing found at all. Except tons of fresh scrapes and rubs. Thankfully it was a clean miss. First time in about 20 years.

I'd like to thank a member here, who I have a ton of respect for. He knows who he is. He text me this morning with positive feed back. And these words..

"I live with my shots. It ain't always pretty. I try to learn from it. And don't dwell on it".

The words of a world class hunter, and friend. I'll carry them with me, and move on.

I'll take a clean miss over a wounded deer any day! Hopefully you'll get another chance at him!

• Like 4

Beauty of a morning. I just took the dog out and it's cool and crisp. Good luck out there today everyone.....I'll be back in the saddle this weekend.
We are taking over the hosting duties of Thanksgiving dinner so with 2 deer in the freezer I'll opt to help around the house preparing for family vs. Being out tomorrow.

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I trolled the lower benches of my hillside yesterday, squat.  Wind was ripping up top, wasn't bad down below.  It's possible they just heard or saw me coming and politely skedaddled before I could see.  Time to shower and get out for a mid day sit.  Seems like I see the big boys on their feet in daylight more often after Thanksgiving.  Be back at it full time starting Friday.

25 minutes ago, chrisw said:

Sitting the the ringing silence. Fresh tracks on the way in. Looking for a buck today, it'll be a miracle if my cameras are any indication but you never know I guess.

I hate those kind of days! My cell cam plan expired last week and I didn't renew it. In a way I'm glad I don't know what is or most likely "isn't" going on out there. Still miss rolling over in the morning and being hopeful while checking pics that came in overnight though.

Stay positive! Good luck!

• Like 1

I hate those kind of days! My cell cam plan expired last week and I didn't renew it. In a way I'm glad I don't know what is or most likely "isn't" going on out there. Still miss rolling over in the morning and being hopeful while checking pics that came in overnight though.
Stay positive! Good luck!

I always renew mine. I'd have anxiety every morning after I wake up, not knowing. Even though the last 3 weeks have been disappointing. There's big bucks in this area, they just don't like hanging on the lease much into gun season. We don't have a bunch of does so my guess is they go where they do. But all it takes is for one wanderer, that's precisely the one I'm hoping for now.

• Like 1