LIVE From The Woods 2021 Stories And Pictures Let's Have Em!

grampy

Crispy 26 loud walking and jumped one right off so hopped in the close Tower as not to blow more out. Nice bonus I got heat this morning now.
The boy saw one here at last light yesterday just not a clear shot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not live… but I had a fun hunt last night.  Deer were moving consistently in a snowless portion of 8H from 3:30-5.  Let 2 small bucks and a few doe pass by.  Almost got a shot at a big 6 that was harassing a doe and fawn. But at the last minute the doe had enough and ran in the wrong direction and the other 2 followed.  No hunting today, but I should be able to get down there 4-5 times over the long weekend.  Good luck to everyone who’s out there! 

• Like 1

Not live… but I had a fun hunt last night.  Deer were moving consistently in a snowless portion of 8H from 3:30-5.  Let 2 small bucks and a few doe pass by.  Almost got a shot at a big 6 that was harassing a doe and fawn. But at the last minute the doe had enough and ran in the wrong direction and the other 2 followed.  No hunting today, but I should be able to get down there 4-5 times over the long weekend.  Good luck to everyone who’s out there! 

Wow! It was dead in my neck of 8H yesterday afternoon and evening!! I only heard 1 shot and it was so far away I couldn’t guess how far away it was!

Daughter Steph is out after baby Cameron kept her awake most of the night. She got a real late start, so I suggested she still hunts a certain path to take advantage of a northwest wind. Heard a kinda close shot while I was in my living room of all places places. Quick radio check and she says she has a buck down. Head is moving around. Son in law and I are going to help. Fingers crossed!!

• Like 17

Sitting warm in cabin, trying to decide between a haircut and a sit. Haircut is winning.

I'm pissed at myself for not going after those bucks I heard fighting the other day. They clashed twice about 20 minutes apart and I probably could have crept in. I thought it was my neighbour, but it turns out he wasn't hunting.  

No quite live but yesterday we had some snow and there’s nothing I enjoy more than tracking deer in he snow. I hit the woods at 10 am and had to circle the woods to get the wind. While still hunting a steep hill side I cut tracks and at 12:14 I jumped this guy from his bed and my 760 Gamemaster in 35 rem came up smooth as silk. 

D205603A-1699-478F-828E-B3239DD96168.jpeg

• Like 41

Daughter Steph is out after baby Cameron kept her awake most of the night. She got a real late start, so I suggested she still hunts a certain path to take advantage of a northwest wind. Heard a kinda close shot while I was in my living room of all places places. Quick radio check and she says she has a buck down. Head is moving around. Son in law and I are going to help. Fingers crossed!!

Steuben Acres is having a banner start! Looking forward to pics of a dead buck!

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, left field said:

Sitting warm in cabin, trying to decide between a haircut and a sit. Haircut is winning.

I'm pissed at myself for not going after those bucks I heard fighting the other day. They clashed twice about 20 minutes apart and I probably could have crept in. I thought it was my neighbour, but it turns out he wasn't hunting.  

A haircut, get ‘em all cut.  

Mornings like this are enjoyable even if i don't see any deer..
IMG_20211124_075225856.thumb.jpg.74df7a7dd0096fb71f9455d1a4b21d13.jpg
Is that blind made of old pallets?
Did you elevate it or just build it groud level.

Looks nice.... I only ask because I am slapping one together before spring turkey season.

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, mlammerhirt said:

Is that blind made of old pallets?
Did you elevate it or just build it groud level.

Looks nice.... I only ask because I am slapping one together before spring turkey season.

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

3 pallets wrapped around a large tree. The outside is wrapped in camo burlap and brushed in. This one is on the ground. Shot my best 2 deer out it in the past two seasons. Plenty roomy inside..

IMG_20211124_084336910.jpg

• Like 7

57 minutes ago, Cabin Fever said:

Wow! It was dead in my neck of 8H yesterday afternoon and evening!! I only heard 1 shot and it was so far away I couldn’t guess how far away it was!

Now that you mention it... I only remember hearing a single shot too.  I was hoping for snow yesterday as we had an inch or 2 at our house.  But when I got down to my spot there was none.  Trail cam pics showed a dusting, but it melted as soon as the sun came up.  

1 hour ago, Fletch said:

Steuben Acres is having a banner start! Looking forward to pics of a dead buck!

This one is looking like a clean miss. What was “a head moving” seems more like his escape through the goldenrod. No hair or blood at the site. I could see where the buck and does ran through the mowed field in the disturbed frost. I followed that for about 250 yds. No sign of a hit deer. Got two people grid searching, and I came back for warmer clothes and will go back out to help.

• Sad 2

3 hours ago, grampy said:

I heard the alarm, don't remember turning it off? Looks like I'll get a late start today. Getting ready now.

Good luck to all hunting today!

On one hand, I hate when that happens! Yet on the other, it sure feels good to get the additional rest and sleep in! LOL