LIVE From The Woods 2021 Stories And Pictures Let's Have Em!

grampy

4 hours ago, left field said:

Sitting warm in cabin, trying to decide between a haircut and a sit. Haircut is winning.

I'm pissed at myself for not going after those bucks I heard fighting the other day. They clashed twice about 20 minutes apart and I probably could have crept in. I thought it was my neighbour, but it turns out he wasn't hunting.  

Uptown Fade? Skin Fade? or Mullet?

Saw nothing last night. Took the wind out of my sails a little to see no deer in a morning and evening sit and I knew I would be 50/50 when the alarm clock went off this am and I bowed out.

Gun season really just doesn’t do it for me. In my 20+ years the few weeks after the opener really shut down, then pick up a bit after most of the orange army leaves.

I’ll still take a shot tonight, because why not?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12 minutes ago, chrisw said:

Had a gorgeous strawberry blonde coyote at 45 yds in my cross hairs but 5 deer at 20 yds and don't want to blow them out of here. Luckiest deer and coyote right now.

Sent from my moto g fast using Tapatalk

Red snow, red snow, red snow lets go!! 

Can you tell I can't wait to get outa work and in the woods for the next 4 days!!

• Like 3

Red snow, red snow, red snow lets go!! 

Can you tell I can't wait to get outa work and in the woods for the next 4 days!!
I really wanted that coyote but didn't want to burn my spot to the does. They owe me a buck now...

• Like 2

Took the day off today to process my deer. The cold the last 2 days really beat up my sinuses, had a headache all morning. Plus my left ear is still ringing from the shot yesterday. Damn muzzle brakes! I'll be back out tomorrow, hopefully in some fresh snow.

I had to take it off my Browning because I would be deaf for a week everytime I shot a deer

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

I’m in a tree! I made more noise than I wanted to trekking in, but with half frozen wet ground and not knowing exactly where I wanted to be, it’s what it is. I’m set right over a creek looking over a swampy wet area. Here’s hoping…

402159D0-19B5-4817-85D4-E377ABDBAACC.jpeg

250F71B1-E587-4332-8F2E-12243E0D0CE1.jpeg

Edited by Splitear
  • Like 6

Wow, very humbling morning!

705 saw a doe coming in, watched her for 10 minutes to make sure she didn’t have a boy friend. In that time she had made it to 25yds. I was on the ground and with a puffy wind I knew she wouldn’t be there long so I took a quartering to shot, felt steady with elbow on my knee, gun went off with the cross hairs exactly where I wanted them. I shot her with my 450 bushmaster shooting Remington 260gn accutips.

At the shot she spun and ran away appearing fine for the 20yds I could see her.

Gave her a bit and started looking around 8, at 10 my brother came over and started helping. We couldn’t find hair or anything where she was standing. And started grid searching in the swamp and ravine in the direction she went. At around noon I was walking a ravine 90 degrees to my left of where I was when I shot her and found her dead 50yds from where I was sitting.

I hit her in the hair I was aiming at on the point of her shoulder, Both lungs were mush, bullet was in the hide behind 2nd to last rib.

I knew with 100% certainty that I didn’t miss her but it was hard to keep that confidence with zero sign of a hit. After I found her I figured out why she didn’t bleed much at all, I was shooting down on her a little so I held a little high on the shoulder. The entry wound was plugged with lung chunks so the only blood that she leaked came from her nose/mouth with no exit. The fact that she did a 180 from where I saw her running made it even harder.

I guess the moral of the story is don’t give up after you shoot. I feel most people would have given up and thought they missed after 4hrs of looking with zero blood.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 17