LIVE From The Woods 2021 Stories And Pictures Let's Have Em!

grampy

Slow where I am at.  Saw just one red squirrel so far.  Heard one close shot just before 8 and a distant one a few minutes ago.  I might stick it out until 10:30 if the rain holds off until then.  Need to help wife get house ready for family coming over for turkey at 1:00.

4224FE93-F494-4B0D-8ED5-7C251A060A84.jpeg

• Like 2

I couldn't take all the excitement so I headed back to the house, where I stand a good chance of seeing deer. Walking up the driveway my cell phone blows up with 15 pics of does and fawns not far from my stand. Not what I'm looking for anyway, but you never know when they might show.

• Like 1

Quite a bit of shooting this morning. Buddy had a big buck cut behind him at 25 yds but he couldn't get around the tree to shoot. Nothing for me yet, probably give it til 11:30-12. I brought the 357 today just in case a big doe wants to stand at 10 yds way too long, like yesterday.

Sent from my moto g fast using Tapatalk

One little project I need to tackle before I go in the house and help my wife get ready for the big meal.   I need to wrap some more electrical tape around the handle of my new $18 Stanley “made in China” cider thermos.   Deer can probably hear that thing rattling from a mile away.  

My old “made in USA” one that I accidentally left up at my in-laws has a rigid plastic handle that doesn’t make any noise.  Even with a quart of cider in me now, my stomach is still growling thinking about a turkey wrapped button buck roast for lunch.

EEDCC37C-803A-4C5D-93CA-7967E7A3095E.jpeg

With the pistola?? Congratz!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No, I could've easily but it was chaos, the Mennonites we're pushing the neighbors property and had deer running all over the place. Didn't dare set my rifle down in case I saw a big buck.

Sent from my moto g fast using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Woke up at 4 am too steady sleet and rain . Decided to wait it out drink some coffee . 5 am  I walk out on porch and see a  red glow from the neighbors house.. then I notice flames licking up the garage . I call 911 drive over. No lights in the house so I start honking the horn  as I pull in . As I get out of the truck  they are coming out the door . Garage car and a 4 wheeler are a total loss . Smoke damage and minor water damage to the house .

As I was the one to call it it I was asked to wait and talk to fire marshal.  My hunting clothes smelled of smoke and burned plastic so I had to change and shower again . By the time they took my statement it was to late to go hunting . 

Thank God everybody  was ok and the volunteer fire departments  got there so quick and nocked it down so fast . 

Edited by Nytracker
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 6
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, Nytracker said:

Woke up at 4 am too steady sleet and rain . Decided to wait it out drink some coffee . 5 am  I walk out on porch and see a  red glow from the neighbors house.. then I notice flames licking up the garage . I call 911 drive over. No lights in the house so I start honking the horn  as I pull in . As I get out of the truck  they are coming out the door . Garage car and a 4 wheeler are a total loss . Smoke damage and minor water damage to the house .

As I was the one to call it it I was asked to wait and talk to fire marshal.  My hunting clothes smelled of smoke and burned plastic so I had to change and shower again . By the time they took my statement it was to late to go hunting . 

Thank God everybody  was ok and the volunteer fire departments  got there so quick and nocked it down so fast . 

Holy crap , good thing you were running late to hunt . 

19 minutes ago, Nytracker said:

They are lucky you were late! Glad they are ok