LIVE From The Woods 2021 Stories And Pictures Let's Have Em!

grampy

53 minutes ago, WNYTRPR said:

Shot at 4:15 .drag rope come with it I guess .story to follow 

3C9E0461-4F11-46E2-A3D2-72937E899D38.jpeg

Just curious does the rope have a copper wire running thru it?   All of our horse pasture fencing is something called Electrobraid..   it is like a rope with a hot copper wire running thru it..  we have had issues with bucks getting tangled in it..   I think when they are after a doe with their nose to the ground they don’t see it and then get tangled in it..   I have had a buck leave with 30 feet of it before….  

3 hours ago, Wildcat said:

Just curious does the rope have a copper wire running thru it?   All of our horse pasture fencing is something called Electrobraid..   it is like a rope with a hot copper wire running thru it..  we have had issues with bucks getting tangled in it..   I think when they are after a doe with their nose to the ground they don’t see it and then get tangled in it..   I have had a buck leave with 30 feet of it before….  

It appears to be like a polyester clothes line. .

3 minutes ago, Belo said:

The kind of sit where even if you don’t see a deer, it’s a good for the soul.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Amen. Only problem was with the wind off the water, 2 deer walked up behind me and winded me. :(

Woke up at 4 am too steady sleet and rain . Decided to wait it out drink some coffee . 5 am  I walk out on porch and see a  red glow from the neighbors house.. then I notice flames licking up the garage . I call 911 drive over. No lights in the house so I start honking the horn  as I pull in . As I get out of the truck  they are coming out the door . Garage car and a 4 wheeler are a total loss . Smoke damage and minor water damage to the house .
As I was the one to call it it I was asked to wait and talk to fire marshal.  My hunting clothes smelled of smoke and burned plastic so I had to change and shower again . By the time they took my statement it was to late to go hunting . 
Thank God everybody  was ok and the volunteer fire departments  got there so quick and nocked it down so fast . 

Man that’s scary. Any initial idea what caused it?

58 minutes ago, GreeneHunter said:

Did ya ever just want to blow a Squirrel in Half ?

Yes. I have also had chipmunks and red squirrels in the cross hairs more then a few times. When they run over your feet or run up on your brush blind yelling at you it's hard not to get irritated at the little vermin.

12 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

Good luck. I am thinking about sitting out the whole day in the house. Winter weather advisory here with rain changing to snow and winds gusting up to 40mph.  

For the record, I’m sitting in the redneck!! Ain’t no way id make it all day in a stand!!

• Like 2

Good luck. I am thinking about sitting out the whole day in the house. Winter weather advisory here with rain changing to snow and winds gusting up to 40mph.  

I left dinner early to head to camp to hunt in those conditions in the morning!

If I could have 5 days a year like that I wouldn’t hunt any other days!

• Like 1

I know lots of guys have jokes about bringing a .22 or air rifle with them, but I wonder if anyone has actually done it.

In the past I've carried a .22 pistol to shoot squirrels when I get bored. It's fun, but I never seem to see any deer when I do that.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

• Haha 2

Happy Thanksgiving weird not being able to hunt turkey day this year. However one of my friends killed a browless 6pt this morning( [mention=327]crappyice[/mention]) .  Group is up to 3 bucks so far this gun season.  5 total on the year.
36552.thumb.jpeg.d40f58cf10290d4558855bbdfb49242c.jpeg

SO SEXY!!!