LIVE From The Woods 2021 Stories And Pictures Let's Have Em!

grampy

8 hours ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

I left dinner early to head to camp to hunt in those conditions in the morning!

If I could have 5 days a year like that I wouldn’t hunt any other days!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The big woods I would agree. Love wind for some still hunting. But my swamp land and area with 12 trees on it not so much. Good luck up there. I will be out after the snow starts but high winds and driving rain, sitting in a stand is a pass for me. Hope you get on a good track..

28 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

The big woods I would agree. Love wind for some still hunting. But my swamp land and area with 12 trees on it not so much. Good luck up there. I will be out after the snow starts but high winds and driving rain, sitting in a stand is a pass for me. Hope you get on a good track..

I'll 2nd the high wind and rain...our woods is very wet and there has been TOO many times I've been in the woods and hear/see tree's falling over.not liking the idea of being in one of those possible tree's this morning!

• Like 1

Up and in the tower nice and dry. Hoping the incoming weather will get them moving. Or the incoming weather will even develop. I have a healthy cynicism of weather predictions lol. Anyhow I’m high and dry. Hauled in the big thermos of coffee and a Turkey Sammy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

My long lost does have finally returned to my plot at the house.  I have a full freezer and no tag, but it is fun to watch them from the house.  Watched 6 the other morning.  No bucks yet. 

I'm guessing I will see one during muzzleloader season, but I won't have a buck tag then either.  I despise Vermont's "one buck" law.  From what I have seen all year, deer numbers are down.  The state keeps handing out antlerless permits though.  

Morning!  In the blind with the 8 year old. We’ve seen 2 scrub bucks and a nice big 8.  The 8 stayed away from our spot and wouldn’t give me a clear shot.  He went up the hill from us.  Oh well hopefully something gives us a shot today.

Edited by loworange88
  • Like 4

Been pretty slow this week in terms of activity both in stand and on cam.

We have a three year old that is something special with palmation and splits that has daylighted a few times on cam. We'd really like to see him get to four so we're avoiding that spot for time being. There is a hunter to the North bordering property so we're treading lightly on pressure there. It'll eventually be our best late season spot as the food sources come more into play, and we'll be forced to pressure him. Hopefully the neighboring pressure subsides by then. Short of him, it's crickets since the weekend.

I might go out this PM if I cut out of the office early. Probably going to hunt Ohio PM with the bow on Saturday for more of a final scouting mission and be ready for the regular gun opener there on Monday.

One of our trashy bucks that has been around looks like he had a rough go of it during rut. Someone took a chunk out of him high. He has had a messed up antler side for two years now. Wonder what the shot does, if anything to his growth or survival.

6601D5B7-C562-471A-A126-D88DC05A719E.jpeg

7D076860-3E9A-4F43-9CD1-0D8DE128C512.jpeg

Edited by phade
  • Like 2