LIVE From The Woods 2021 Stories And Pictures Let's Have Em!

grampy

A “cruiser” came thru the woods behind my new stand, scent checking a clover plot, 5 minutes after sunset.  I was able to cash in on the new 1/2 hour rule: A BB and  bb (during early antlerless gun season) from that stand this year.  

644C4CD8-E9CB-4389-999C-3379E6AD4967.thumb.jpeg.59c95a1baab47c87ad676ba08bef0bb6.jpeg
5971DF09-ECE9-4E20-BEC8-9B639B87A5E1.thumb.jpeg.0fe6a04d8ef715195bbabb50dbc86b7a.jpeg
Great buck and loving the Butt Puller

https://www.instagram.com/thejerkman

#JerkmanCustoms
#WeDemandUnlimitedLikes

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wolc123 said:

A “cruiser” came thru the woods behind my new stand, scent checking a clover plot, 5 minutes after sunset.  I was able to cash in on the new 1/2 hour rule: A BB and  bb (during early antlerless gun season) from that stand this year.  

644C4CD8-E9CB-4389-999C-3379E6AD4967.jpeg

5971DF09-ECE9-4E20-BEC8-9B639B87A5E1.jpeg

I thought for sure I was the only one that used the butt out! Glad too see I’m not the only one!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wolc123 said:

644C4CD8-E9CB-4389-999C-3379E6AD4967.jpeg

5971DF09-ECE9-4E20-BEC8-9B639B87A5E1.jpeg

I thought for sure I was the only one that used the butt out! Glad too see I’m not the only one!

9 minutes ago, The Jerkman said:

Great buck and loving the Butt Puller

#JerkmanCustoms
#WeDemandUnlimitedLikes

It works a lot better than a rotten stick for that.  I used it on the front end first, to drag him about 40 yards out of the woods to a clearing, then on the back end prior to gutting.  He was pretty stout, had to be well over 200 with the guts in.  Skidded ok on the light dusting of snow.  My dad came back with his side by side to drag him to my truck.  I took off the tailgate for a ramp and winched him up into the bed with a come-along.

• Like 2

Oh god no I love that thing… I believe we had a thread about it a few years ago

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

It works a lot better than a rotten stick for that.  I used it on the front end first, to drag him about 40 yards out of the woods to a clearing, then on the back end prior to gutting.  He was pretty stout, had to be well over 200 with the guts in.  Skidded ok on the light dusting of snow.  My dad came back with his side by side to drag him to my truck.  I took off the tailgate for a ramp and winched him up into the bed with a come-along.
You save his nads? They have to be at least 2.5 meals worth

#JerkmanCustoms
#WeDemandUnlimitedLikes

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Airedale use one now also.  I got mind cleaned up now and ready to go on a bear next weekend.

Haha mine is still dirty in a plastic bag in my pack from today..

I am also not ashamed to say I keep a spare in my glove box of my truck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

42 minutes ago, doebuck1234 said:

Brrrrrr.up n having coffee.wish I had a shack/enclosed tower for days like this...have 2 ground blinds setup,am always iffy on using em with a wind

I have a few enclosed huts to sit but I’m opting for what we call the “Ridge Stand”.   It faces west and (as long as there’s a skiff of snow on the ground) the viewing area is vast.   I’m hopeful……

• Like 2

Another day...another go. Taking friends daughter out 1st season has to hunt with an adult. She is 15. Gonna go to a blind where I shot my 10 pointer last year. Hope she gonna get something since I won't be bringing a gun it will be all up to her. Wind wnw about 20mph..gonna be cold!

Edited by Engraver99
  • Like 2

Hopefully the orange army and duckers start pushing and shooting early to get the deer moving early today.  In honor of the orange army I am using some warm orange force today…ok I watched some Star Wars movie last night ha 

be safe today in ur travels and good luck to everyone out there today 

21347C88-0629-4A0D-9EA1-0C8A0FC44AF6.jpeg

• Like 3

8 hours ago, wolc123 said:

Airedale use one now also.  I got mind cleaned up now and ready to go on a bear next weekend.

They are well worth including in my field "deer gut" kit.  On younger deer it is easy to tear out the butt plug.  After inserting and twisting you want to pull gently on the plug with one hand while cutting around the rectum with a knife in the other hand until it releases completely and you can pull it out 10 inches or so.  Tie it off somehow so that when you pull it through from the opposite side while gutting no fecal material ends up in the cavity.  Yeah, the old broken stick method does not have to be used anymore.  Here are a couple tips.  Disinfect completely after each use, there are nasty bacteria in fecal material.  Also, don't leave it out where non-hunters can see it.  You'll have some explaining to do!