LIVE From The Woods 2021 Stories And Pictures Let's Have Em!

grampy

I’ll be honest ,it’s barely a drop in the bucket imo.the last few years I’ve purposely hammered the fox and coyote population (20-30k9s per location )on a few different properties close to home ,as soon as I pull more filter in .They rebound quick .

I need to get into yote trapping. Hunted them a few times with no success.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 11/27/2021 at 4:18 PM, corydd7 said:

Cynthiafu, pretty sure you hunt very close to me. If you don't mind me asking what butcher do you use?

I also hunt 3M, semi new to the area and new to hunting in general. 

Just dropped off my first doe at Quaker Creek Store. My uncle has used them for many many years and swears by them. 

20211127_170255_2.jpg

• Like 11

1 minute ago, Belo said:

Yeah sorry wasn’t implying it was easy. There’s some big dogs at my place and I’d like to disappear them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was totally kidding lol,sorry if I came off differently,I have a problem with that LOL .

Need any help ,feel free to message me if you were ever thinking about getting started .

4 hours ago, grampy said:

This morning, biggest buck taken off the farm in a few years! Shot by my partners daughter, my God daughter. I think it's the buck I missed last Monday? Couldn't have worked out better. So happy for her!

I'm sorry I wasn't there. I haven't hunted since Thanksgiving. Dealing with some issues. My season may be over. IMG_4776.thumb.jpg.64f3e9b415f88285c9fcada8f1b5283d.jpg

IMG_4777.thumb.jpg.3fc680bd415fe7066a2478d689dbd18f.jpg

IMG_7127.thumb.jpg.4914846fce0c14cbe282f582a9468e34.jpg

IMG_4787.thumb.jpg.98640f2e4dfc00e035c525f125a59b01.jpg

Congrats to her on an unbelievable buck. But more importantly good luck with whatever is going on and best wishes for you and family.  Hope all turns out ok.

1 minute ago, Robhuntandfish said:

Congrats . Hope you got him out ok

Thanks. Hardest I’ve ever worked getting a deer out. I had to drag across a swamp, pull him across a creek, and then out of the woods. I’m bushed,  but he is now safely in the hands of the processor :)  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Splitear said:

Thanks. Hardest I’ve ever worked getting a deer out. I had to drag across a swamp, pull him across a creek, and then out of the woods. I’m bushed,  but he is now safely in the hands of the processor :)  

Yeah that's not the fun part. I once had to drag one across a river and it was kinda Swift and the deer was about pulling me down the river.  

I get out after about a mile or so and my buddy is still sitting there. I asked him if he heard me shoot and he said yeah I figured you missed it was 4 shots.  Well he was right on 3 of them.  Lol

As they say nothing like dragging out a deer to tell you how out of shape you really are. Lol. Even guys in great shape struggle with it. Which I am not one of those guys.  

Looks like a great buck. 

• Like 2