LIVE From The Woods 2021 Stories And Pictures Let's Have Em!

grampy

Congrats everyone and good luck to the guys still hunting. I got the green light to hunt with the bow/crossbow from the eye doctor yesterday. He said to hold off until the new year with the guns.
On the way back up from the island I saw a beauty of an eight pointer chasing two does along I-90 he had the whitest antlers I’ve ever seen on a deer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

10 hours ago, bhunterED said:

Well so far my season has gone to hell in a hand basket real quick starting on opening day. 4 of my target bucks including my main 2 all got killed on opening day on neighboring properties following doe around. I had multiple encounters with each during bow and now kinda kick myself for not taking at the time what I thought would be risky shots. I've seen a bunch of dinks since then so not much to really talk about but did have one I'd like to get a closer look at show up on camera for the first time today.

IMG_4296(1).jpg

20211121_124853.jpg

20211121_124929.jpg

57245.jpeg

57242.jpeg

imagejpeg_0005.jpg

Happens  have 3 top bucks killed by neighbors this year. Still nice bucks left around though..

• Like 1

15 hours ago, WNYTRPR said:

Deer take has dwindled on this thread .Somebody needs to get out there and get something.

this is historically a quiet few weeks. Lots of folks took time off last week, plus opening weekend. A solid 8 days of ground pounding and many need to get back to work. This next weekend is usually quiet too, and then it picks up as less hunters in the woods and the deer recover from the orange pumpkin 870 invasion.

14 hours ago, First-light said:

Need to borrow a few of those boys! Keep them at it!

the middle one gives me a fuss before we go. The oldest and youngest are always gung ho. But once they're there they all have a great time. Start em young and they'll be in love forever. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, WNY Bowhunter said:

Sadly, I can relate to this post BIG TIME.  My Pre-season shooter list has been completely demolished. Probably worse than any year I can remember. It sucks!!!

same here. 3 of 4 have gone missing, but worst of all #1 was hit by a car. I'd much rather the neighbor get them then a VW :(

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

Thanks and thanks!

It was my best friend from the Marins younger brother. 30yrs old died of a brain tumor, it was a tough weekend for sure!

Oh man. That is awful. Sorry for your loss.....

9 minutes ago, WNY Bowhunter said:

Your buck from last year will be the next one that I will do when I get rolling on them again here shortly!

Awesome news! I wasn't expecting any sort of update until late December or January anyways. I figured you where plenty busy prepping the new ones taken in. 

I can't wait to see it on the famous red barn wall! 

• Like 2

On 11/30/2021 at 9:28 AM, turkeyfeathers said:

Still waiting to go from zero to hero. Much rather be turkey hunting. At least I’m decent at that 

You'll fill a tag, I have faith in you Sir Bunny Suit Guy. Still a lot of season left with the extra week after Christmas.

20 hours ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

Yea, I had a funeral I went to down to in pa last weekend but got back up today and got on a real good one. Saw 3 bucks today but never the one I was tracking.

Sorry for the loss of your buddy.

Catching up on what’s been going on and punching in for the evening shift. Thankfully the slight breeze direction is ideal for the closest stand from my house! A whopping ~75 yards out of my yard! LOL Overlooking a thicket funnel in front of me with corn on one side and wheat on the other.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Cabin Fever said:

Catching up on what’s been going on and punching in for the evening shift. Thankfully the slight breeze direction is ideal for the closest stand from my house! A whopping ~75 yards out of my yard! LOL Overlooking a thicket funnel in front of me with corn on one side and wheat on the other.

Ive got a good feeling for you punching a tag tonight

• Like 1

1 hour ago, E J said:

It will be a true miracle if I see any deer this afternoon. I've got my 13 and 8 yr old boys with me in my blind. It's the 8 yr olds first time and to say he's a chatterbox is an understatement!

Ha… as long as he’s having fun!  I want to bring my 3 year old daughter… but I’m thinking I might as well wait until Spring.  My odds of legally harvesting a deer would be exactly the same. 

• Like 2