LIVE From The Woods 2021 Stories And Pictures Let's Have Em!

grampy

It will be a true miracle if I see any deer this afternoon. I've got my 13 and 8 yr old boys with me in my blind. It's the 8 yr olds first time and to say he's a chatterbox is an understatement!
Ha… as long as he’s having fun!  I want to bring my 3 year old daughter… but I’m thinking I might as well wait until Spring.  My odds of legally harvesting a deer would be exactly the same. 
It's a freaking blast. Pack a ton of snacks! Heater and sit back and relax!
Usually have my 5 and 7 year old.....once they get bored they hop on their iPad for a bit.
Don't expect to have any encounters with mature deer or gobblers.....but it sure is fun messing around with jakes and 1.5 year old deer.

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Chef said:

Jay there is always hope for you… and you know it. If I remember there was a year you were frustrated as heck and then shot a good buck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

last year lol. I've got that same deflated feeling this year again.     And welcome back Chef

• Like 1

Have the day off to buck bow hunt in 3S. 702am sunrise, light rain now. Should stop by 8-ish. 39 degrees climbing to 53 later. With the elusive south wind!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Seen 1 deer at 636am but with rain n fog couldn’t make out head. 50yds. Rain stopped, suns coming out. Nothing since yet.

Probably head to 3S stateland in PM for a still bowhunt on the wet leaves

Honestly I don't feel like hunting , haven't really for years, more fun watching nephews and friends kids hunt.  I still hunt but only when I feel like it which is not in rain, snow, cold ,or wind... lol
G-MAN with a new Handle??

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, WNYTRPR said:

I’d relax .I was out a few days back from the ground .Got lucky as a dead tree fell 45 yards from me .

That's exactly why I'm hesitant! I've had close calls in the past too. If I go out, I think I'll sit in a hedgerow and watch a winter wheat field. 

5 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Seen 1 deer at 636am but with rain n fog couldn’t make out head. 50yds. Rain stopped, suns coming out. Nothing since yet.

Probably head to 3S stateland in PM for a still bowhunt on the wet leaves

Any more action???