LIVE From The Woods 2021 Stories And Pictures Let's Have Em!

grampy

Cams lit up over night after being dead for last week or so. Probably mixture of late rut and cold front. Hopefully will be a good couple days! December 3rd to the 13th been a consistently good time for me and killed a few bucks either looking for or with a doe. I like quick AM bedroom hunts and getting out early afternoon on transitions to food or food itself. Good luck to anyone still out there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Good hunt this morning. Had a really nice up and comer that I hadnt seen since bow pass through dogging a doe. I got blown at several times including on the way in so wasn’t expecting much but ended up being really good movement. I hate getting busted but no way to hunt this spot and not give up something. Will be back this afternoon somewhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Live from the office.   Just settled one of the most contentious lawsuits I ever handled between some very well heeled farmers.   My client's holdings just grew from 5300 acres to 6300 acres.   I wonder if he has a spot I can throw a stand up.  lol  
YESSSSSSS

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Cabin Fever said:

Thanks, but let's be honest... it's stupid! I hunted all last gun season and ML season, before finally seeing my first deer, a doe and fawn, on the very last evening of ML season. I'm not even sure if I would shoot a small buck or a doe if I saw one. I might, but I would probably regret it later. There's really, not enough deer around here to spare any. I'm not getting too frustrated, as I really don't care enough if I get a deer or not. Just putting in stand time and if it happens, it happens. 

I get it. There are days, this afternoon will be one of them where my goal is to kill a deer but I'm mostly just trying to get out of the house.

We need to find you some new land though.

12 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Covered 2.1 miles and Found 6 treestands, 1 camera and lots of buck sign between 12-3pm. Sat in this ladder stand till dark, which was one of 4 stands in a 100 yard area with tons of sign. Saw a doe at 3pm. Regret not hunting here during November.

e7616fdb15e0ccb63e5429077e789bb8.jpg
421257e6f14bc9ba1322ba262ddfddb0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

isn't it sacrilegious for you to be off the ground?

Just now, Belo said:

isn't it sacrilegious for you to be off the ground?

I sit treestands in the right situation. This particular piece of stateland doesn't really need it though, hence the random 6-8ft ladder. There's a few cliffs with 60 ft drops, but a ton more that are 15-25 feet so you'd be climbing a tree to still be lower than the guy on the rocks.

17 hours ago, moog5050 said:

Live from the office.   Just settled one of the most contentious lawsuits I ever handled between some very well heeled farmers.   My client's holdings just grew from 5300 acres to 6300 acres.   I wonder if he has a spot I can throw a stand up.  lol  

congrats on the win...   A 1000 acres is a huge chunk of change in todays day and age..

13 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Covered 2.1 miles and Found 6 treestands, 1 camera and lots of buck sign between 12-3pm. Sat in this ladder stand till dark, which was one of 4 stands in a 100 yard area with tons of sign. Saw a doe at 3pm. Regret not hunting here during November.

e7616fdb15e0ccb63e5429077e789bb8.jpg
421257e6f14bc9ba1322ba262ddfddb0.jpg

Wait, you cheated and got in a treestand?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ApexerER said:

Wait, you cheated and got in a treestand?

I've shot deer out of a treestand before. I just wouldn't shoulder mount one. Fun Fact - I've actually technically never killed a deer in NY on private land. All (20+) have been legally public hunting land

Edited by Biz-R-OWorld
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Woods are dead today. I hate gun season

my prediction is Wednesday next week, but only if hunter pressure is mild this weekend. They'll have recovered from the invasion and possibly start to see some smaller bucks eager for the second rut and doe out feeding.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ApexerER said:

I don't believe that.....If you shot a Giant non typical piebald out of a treestand you wouldn't mount it?

too many variables to decide. what state? what unit? summer coat or winter coat? let's not derail this thread