LIVE From The Woods 2021 Stories And Pictures Let's Have Em!

grampy

11 minutes ago, cynthiafu said:

Was going to go out this morning but hubby needed the truck and my 300 won't handle them pot holes to well . So I'll be out later and tomorrow  looking for another doe and a buck . He is still there marking up everything now I just need eyes on him .

That's nice to know! 

I've been trying to go every evening as I have one doe n' buck tag left to fill! 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Just Lucky said:

Haven't found the buck. He went into clear cut area. We jumped a bear about 20 yards from last blood. Waiting to hear from a dog tracker.

I hope you find him and I just sent up a prayer for you.

I am heading out for bear myself right now, after spending most of the morning and mid day looking for bear or grouse and not finding any signs of any.  Good to hear the bear are still active.  I don’t have a deer tag and I was worried that they would all be hibernated. 

I just modified my father in law’s Marlin 30/30 with a hammer extension, so I can get off a faster shot. My side by side has had its last bear hunt of the year early this morning.

I learned where there are lots of deer this morning and I know where the last bear sighting was up here.  I am going to try and get between those spots for the evening bear sit:  

FAC384F2-8C7A-4D19-8423-B878C2D1B1C0.jpeg

4E9E8A9A-B468-4B08-8E77-60447EEC3923.jpeg

Been out at pa camp all weekend, a guy shot an 8 this am in our party, another guy saw an injured button or shed buck last evening and since I Have my son with me we decided to set up on him this evening. 1:51 he dropped him. 
AF9FC492-E57A-4DF9-955E-79A2C183C6B0.thumb.jpeg.7c60e6b0b7ed844d3af8f3a7ff79b419.jpeg
4D21CE2E-FA7B-4D02-BBBE-93DB400A8869.thumb.jpeg.7a096ecf6312e66863cb68fb624d84da.jpeg

I can’t even imagine how painful that must have been

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Been out at pa camp all weekend, a guy shot an 8 this am in our party, another guy saw an injured button or shed buck last evening and since I Have my son with me we decided to set up on him this evening. 1:51 he dropped him. 
AF9FC492-E57A-4DF9-955E-79A2C183C6B0.thumb.jpeg.7c60e6b0b7ed844d3af8f3a7ff79b419.jpeg
4D21CE2E-FA7B-4D02-BBBE-93DB400A8869.thumb.jpeg.7a096ecf6312e66863cb68fb624d84da.jpeg

Glad you put him out of his misery. That hurts just looking at it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Had a lot of action this morning. A big body deer 11 point I have been watching chased a 4 pt across the hay field at 7am. The 4 darted into the woods and I stopped the 11 with a couple grunts from the mouth. Took one shot and he bolted. He didn’t appear to be hit. I was waiting for the sun to brighten things up before checking things out and the 4 point came back out and I was able to take him with a nice double lung shot. After  getting him gutted, I searched the field and saw no blood or hair. I just went back out before dark and found the 11 dead in the next patch of woods. The shot was high forward in the chest cavity. Probably the reason for no blood. The body is cold. Wondering about harvesting the meat. I hate that I was not able to find him earlier.

5 minutes ago, Bridgeman said:

Had a lot of action this morning. A big body deer 11 point I have been watching chased a 4 pt across the hay field at 7am. The 4 darted into the woods and I stopped the 11 with a couple grunts from the mouth. Took one shot and he bolted. He didn’t appear to be hit. I was waiting for the sun to brighten things up before checking things out and the 4 point came back out and I was able to take him with a nice double lung shot. After  getting him gutted, I searched the field and saw no blood or hair. I just went back out before dark and found the 11 dead in the next patch of woods. The shot was high forward in the chest cavity. Probably the reason for no blood. The body is cold. Wondering about harvesting the meat. I hate that I was not able to find him earlier.

He's still good to eat. Gut him and clean up if you can good job stacked up like cord wood lol. Pics.

• Like 1

Sounds like you shot a 2nd buck before checking to see if you hit the first one?

Sent from my moto g fast using Tapatalk

• Like 3