LIVE From The Woods 2021 Stories And Pictures Let's Have Em!

grampy

Just now, Bridgeman said:

Son in law has a tag I can use. Went for the bird in the hand. Probably bad judgment call. Fortunately able to harvest him.

No doubt, a bad judgment call. A learning experience . Don't do it again! Do what you have to do and save the meat.

FYI , putting someone  else's tag on it is illegal , so would not continue to talk about this imagined set of events.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Son in law has a tag I can use. Went for the bird in the hand. Probably bad judgment call. Fortunately able to harvest him.
Definitely a bad call. You'd have some tickets coming and confiscation of deer if someone finds out. Being that you came online to confess I'm going to assume it really was ignorance? Why you would shoot at a second buck without knowing if you hit the one you just shot at it beyond me. I know that the DEC would not give a damn about your bad judgement. I have no sympathy for you, that being said, do what you have to do to make it right, letting another deer rot in the woods is not going to solve anything now.

Sent from my moto g fast using Tapatalk

• Like 12

3 minutes ago, chrisw said:

Definitely a bad call. You'd have some tickets coming and confiscation of deer if someone finds out. Being that you came online to confess I'm going to assume it really was ignorance? Why you would shoot at a second buck without knowing if you hit the one you just shot at it beyond me. I know that the DEC would not give a damn about your bad judgement. I have no sympathy for you, that being said, do what you have to do to make it right, letting another deer rot in the woods is not going to solve anything now.

I think what we have here is a troll and an imagined set of circumstances.  Pictures (showing face) or it didn’t happen.  

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

I think what we have here is a troll and an imagined set of circumstances.  Pictures (showing face) or it didn’t happen.  

For a change I think we might agree on something. Something seems fishy... Although some people really don't understand their circumstance. Hard to say.

• Like 1

Just now, chrisw said:

For a change I think we might agree on something. Something seems fishy... Although some people really don't understand their circumstance. Hard to say.

I come from a family of threshers and have never had a problem separating the wheat from the chaff.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, chrisw said:

Hey at least nobody will have a car deer collision and somebody's freezer is full of meat. Not saying it's right but he said the deer didn't look hit and he looked. So he continued to hunt like most of us would do unless your a hound dog and a good blood tracker. If it's a troll he got me. If not I'm willing to help a hunter even if it was wrong I'm sure he's learned from this.

Hey at least nobody will have a car deer collision and somebody's freezer is full of meat. Not saying it's right but he said the deer didn't look hit and he looked. So he continued to hunt like most of us would do unless your a hound dog and a good blood tracker. If it's a troll he got me. If not I'm willing to help a hunter even if it was wrong I'm sure he's learned from this.
He looked for the first after he shot the second deer is the way I understand it. I'm not willing to justify an obvious violation that anyone should've known better, to avoiding a possible car/deer collision and a freezer full of meat. He was overwhelmingly wrong and I'm not going to sugar coat it for him. He screwed up big time and there was no justification for it. The only thing I hate worse than that is the waste of an animal. I certainly wouldn't be willing to include myself in his illegal doing. For all we know he works for the DEC and is looking for someone who offered to do exactly what you did.

• Like 4

What a season! All season, I only saw 2 bucks: the one I shot a few weeks ago, and the one I just shot an hour ago! I hit him low in the chest with a Montec G5 (Last year I shot a doe with this broadhead, straight through the lungs, but there was barely any blood), him run a few yards and stop. I got down and checked for blood, didn’t see any, but heard him get up and start walking away (it was dark by then), so I just walked home. Gonna go back out as soon as I finish dinner, I really hope it was a lung shot!

• Like 4

What a season! All season, I only saw 2 bucks: the one I shot a few weeks ago, and the one I just shot an hour ago! I hit him low in the chest with a Montec G5 (Last year I shot a doe with this broadhead, straight through the lungs, but there was barely any blood), him run a few yards and stop. I got down and checked for blood, didn’t see any, but heard him get up and start walking away (it was dark by then), so I just walked home. Gonna go back out as soon as I finish dinner, I really hope it was a lung shot!

Good luck with him. If I were you I'd ditch the Montecs for that very reason. I had the same issue as you. Upon research online it's a common problem with them. No blood, even on great hits.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chrisw said:

He looked for the first after he shot the second deer is the way I understand it. I'm not willing to justify an obvious violation that anyone should've known better, to avoiding a possible car/deer collision and a freezer full of meat. He was overwhelmingly wrong and I'm not going to sugar coat it for him. He screwed up big time and there was no justification for it. The only thing I hate worse than that is the waste of an animal. I certainly wouldn't be willing to include myself in his illegal doing. For all we know he works for the DEC and is looking for someone who offered to do exactly what you did.

Yea I understand what your saying my fault. I'm a good guy ask @swampbucks can verify. I served honorably in the us army. I believe in doing the right thing. My fault. I won't advise on anything. I know up  here we have a jacking problem my uncle called three days in a row. Did Dec set up a decoy? No they gave my uncle the 3 does. Told him u should install a light near your apple trees to deter the deer. Lol. Me rambling. I get what your saying. He needs to be held accountable and not be posting. Understandable. I understand he was wrong. Just don't want meat to go to waste. I have a tag I offered. My fault.

5 minutes ago, chrisw said:

Good luck with him. If I were you I'd ditch the Montecs for that very reason. I had the same issue as you. Upon research online it's a common problem with them. No blood, even on great hits.

What’s a better fixed broadhead?