LIVE From The Woods 2021 Stories And Pictures Let's Have Em!

grampy

18 minutes ago, chrisw said:

He looked for the first after he shot the second deer is the way I understand it. I'm not willing to justify an obvious violation that anyone should've known better, to avoiding a possible car/deer collision and a freezer full of meat. He was overwhelmingly wrong and I'm not going to sugar coat it for him. He screwed up big time and there was no justification for it. The only thing I hate worse than that is the waste of an animal. I certainly wouldn't be willing to include myself in his illegal doing. For all we know he works for the DEC and is looking for someone who offered to do exactly what you did.

Sent from my moto g fast using Tapatalk

Just reread his post. I misread it. I'm always thinking people do the right thing sometimes not. Live you learn. Good call. Hope Dec doesn't track me.

Took a look at trailcam pics when I got home tonight. From 8 cams 99% of the pics were night time. Decent amount of deer, just moving at night. Only bucks were 3 small ones. Funny that the nicest of the 3 bucks has been in my back yard just about every night (~40 yards from my house)! LOL Looks like some chasing on 12/2. And actually, that was ~50 yards from my yard! LOL 

5 minutes ago, Whereareyoubuck said:

What’s a better fixed broadhead?

I have been shooting rage broadheads for years, but wanted to try a fixed broadhead again this year.. I heard good things about the Tooth of The Arrow broadheads and tried them. I used the 100gr xl and I was  impressed .

Excellent blood trail. 

Yea I understand what your saying my fault. I'm a good guy ask @swampbucks can verify. I served honorably in the us army. I believe in doing the right thing. My fault. I won't advise on anything. I know up  here we have a jacking problem my uncle called three days in a row. Did Dec set up a decoy? No they gave my uncle the 3 does. Told him u should install a light near your apple trees to deter the deer. Lol. Me rambling. I get what your saying. He needs to be held accountable and not be posting. Understandable. I understand he was wrong. Just don't want meat to go to waste. I have a tag I offered. My fault.
I have no doubt you're a good guy and I didn't mean to come across as belittling your judgement. You would be free to make your own decision obviously. I don't have as much blind faith in people, especially people on the other side of a computer screen. The way people act and the way they portray online are often very different. Just trying to save you a headache if this guy was up to something.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

Got one down??  Hoping so!

Not the best field pic to post as i was hurrying to get em out.first shot was forward n broke shoulder.ran n got hung up in fence so ran down ladder n second shot unzipped em while he was trying to get free'd up.30 yards and piled up .made meat!!!

20211204_170026.jpg

20211204_183245.jpg

• Like 22

2 minutes ago, chrisw said:

I have no doubt you're a good guy and I didn't mean to come across as belittling your judgement. You would be free to make your own decision obviously. I don't have as much blind faith in people, especially people on the other side of a computer screen. The way people act and the way they portray online are often very different. Just trying to save you a headache if this guy was up to something.

Hey no problem good looking out. Thanks.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, doebuck1234 said:

Not the best field pic to post as i was hurrying to get em out.first shot was forward n broke shoulder.ran n got hung up in fence so ran down ladder n second shot unzipped em while he was trying to get free'd up.30 yards and piled up .made meat!!!

20211204_170026.jpg

20211204_183245.jpg

Awesome way to go! 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Whereareyoubuck said:

What a season! All season, I only saw 2 bucks: the one I shot a few weeks ago, and the one I just shot an hour ago! I hit him low in the chest with a Montec G5 (Last year I shot a doe with this broadhead, straight through the lungs, but there was barely any blood), him run a few yards and stop. I got down and checked for blood, didn’t see any, but heard him get up and start walking away (it was dark by then), so I just walked home. Gonna go back out as soon as I finish dinner, I really hope it was a lung shot!

I found the arrow about 100 yards away. It is completely covered in blood and stinky smelling bile. I shot him at an angle, is it possible it went though his lung as well as intestines?

DBAB2632-7D05-4DC7-9FE1-5E021A002C3B.jpeg

1 minute ago, Whereareyoubuck said:

I found the arrow about 100 yards away. It is completely covered in blood and stinky smelling bile. I shot him at an angle, is it possible it went though his lung as well as intestines?

DBAB2632-7D05-4DC7-9FE1-5E021A002C3B.jpeg

Quartering towards you or away? Yes certainly possible. How far was shot any pics of blood on ground?

DBAB2632-7D05-4DC7-9FE1-5E021A002C3B.thumb.jpeg.69c705141bce0004d083fbc1c5866b38.jpeg
I'd be heading back in minimumof 6 hours. You got him up off his death bed. Doubt he will go far unless bumped again. Shot clearly shows guts, which is prob lethal but you also should be prepared for a live deer in a bed if you head back out now.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

• Like 7

9 minutes ago, Whereareyoubuck said:

Shot was 20 yards, blood is bright red. Have not seen any bubbles or pink froth. He was quartering toward me

I would heed to tree guys advice. Quartering away and the gut smell I'd let it lay awhile.

• Like 2

DBAB2632-7D05-4DC7-9FE1-5E021A002C3B.thumb.jpeg.69c705141bce0004d083fbc1c5866b38.jpeg
I'd wait for sure. Being that you jumped him it's highly unlikely you got both lungs. I've shot 2 deer and saw the perfect hits and saw both deer drop. But if I had gone off of arrow sign it would appear as straight guts, no guts were even remotely touched on either shot. Sometimes you can cut straight through the esophagus low in the chest and it'll leave the arrow covered in food/gut appearance. One doe I double lunged this year and watched her drop in less than 6 seconds. But as mentioned, my arrow had almost no blood on it, all good matter. But in your scenario I'd wait. If he's dead now he'll be dead later too. I'll attach a pic of my arrow this year below just for reference. IMG_20211018_180512358.jpgIMG_20211018_181000249.jpg

• Like 3

I think what we have here is a troll and an imagined set of circumstances.  Pictures (showing face) or it didn’t happen.  

Agree! Pics of both bucks side by side with you or it didn’t happen!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I would heed to tree guys advice. Quartering away and the gut smell I'd let it lay awhile.
Let it lay....treeguy is right. 6 hrs. For liver, I would wait a solid 8 for gut and being already bumped once.
I accidently bumped my opening day buck.....it would have died in its first bed 100 yards inside the wood...but when it got bumped it headed down into a huge ravine. The drag after finding it was the worst ever.

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Had a lot of action this morning. A big body deer 11 point I have been watching chased a 4 pt across the hay field at 7am. The 4 darted into the woods and I stopped the 11 with a couple grunts from the mouth. Took one shot and he bolted. He didn’t appear to be hit. I was waiting for the sun to brighten things up before checking things out and the 4 point came back out and I was able to take him with a nice double lung shot. After  getting him gutted, I searched the field and saw no blood or hair. I just went back out before dark and found the 11 dead in the next patch of woods. The shot was high forward in the chest cavity. Probably the reason for no blood. The body is cold. Wondering about harvesting the meat. I hate that I was not able to find him earlier.

6 posts since 2018 is this real or is this a troll post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure if this helped in my harvest today but figured I'd post it up.lately I've had deer "skirting" me in thick crap just on other side of property line,the common gun season problem.threw up a doe decoy 10 yards inside of the patch of pines I sit In,10 yards off the trail in hopes it would make them a little more comfortable.i could be wrong and blowing smoke up my a$$ but things worked out the way they did this afternoon.windy as hell to boot.all afternoon I was looking up when a good gust would come up incase I had to bail quick

• Like 3

1 hour ago, chrisw said:

I'd wait for sure. Being that you jumped him it's highly unlikely you got both lungs. I've shot 2 deer and saw the perfect hits and saw both deer drop. But if I had gone off of arrow sign it would appear as straight guts, no guts were even remotely touched on either shot. Sometimes you can cut straight through the esophagus low in the chest and it'll leave the arrow covered in food/gut appearance. One doe I double lunged this year and watched her drop in less than 6 seconds. But as mentioned, my arrow had almost no blood on it, all good matter. But in your scenario I'd wait. If he's dead now he'll be dead later too. I'll attach a pic of my arrow this year below just for reference. 

Agree with your experience, I have had 3 such shots where an arrow was covered in green and one would think it was just guts but in reality the deer dropped dead under 40-60yrds and had the esophagus cut along with the dbl lungs and top of the heart.

Edited by suburbanfarmer
  • Like 1