LIVE From The Woods 2021 Stories And Pictures Let's Have Em!

grampy

1 hour ago, mlammerhirt said:

Let it lay....treeguy is right. 6 hrs. For liver, I would wait a solid 8 for gut and being already bumped once.
I accidently bumped my opening day buck.....it would have died in its first bed 100 yards inside the wood...but when it got bumped it headed down into a huge ravine. The drag after finding it was the worst ever.

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

Yeah I’m gonna wait. I’m realizing now that where I found the arrow is probably where he laid down the first time. Oh well…some good tracking awaits me in the morning!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Whereareyoubuck said:

Yeah I’m gonna wait. I’m realizing now that where I found the arrow is probably where he laid down the first time. Oh well…some good tracking awaits me in the morning!

Good luck sleeping tonight and don't forget pics tomorrow!!!!!!!!

Hey at least nobody will have a car deer collision and somebody's freezer is full of meat. Not saying it's right but he said the deer didn't look hit and he looked. So he continued to hunt like most of us would do unless your a hound dog and a good blood tracker. If it's a troll he got me. If not I'm willing to help a hunter even if it was wrong I'm sure he's learned from this.

No he shot the second before he looked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, DirtTime said:

Headed north for the last day of the regular season. 

Good luck, I am doing the opposite today (heading south).  We are currently up near the nw corner of the Adirondack park, just east of Harrisville.  My wife talked me into staying in this morning, and having breakfast with her folks before heading home.  

I hunted for bear and grouse pretty hard yesterday, with no signs of either, but did see some deer.  Those are off limits for me, because my buck tag is on one hanging at home in our garage.  It is supposed to get warm tomorrow, so we are heading back to WNY early, to get it processed and into the freezer.

It was a short, but enjoyable trip.  The local deer population certainly looks healthy.  We brought up some barn wood for my father-in-law’s winter projects and I got a snowplow working on his new tractor.  My wife helped her mom at craft sale in Star Lake yesterday. 

I would love to come back up here next weekend and try for an Adirondack buck or doe with my ML (I still have that either/or tag) but I will be stuck at home, chasing 3 antlerless deer with my shotgun and my last 3 9F dmp tags.

This picture is a scrape I found yesterday, along a heavily used  deer trail, prior to 3” of fresh snowfall.  There was bushels of deer scat on about 50 yards of that trail. 
It might be tougher to come back without a buck than to come back with one, with the conditions out there today. 

64EF1D5A-3BBA-4FBA-A153-648FD569CDC0.jpeg

Edited by wolc123

31 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

i cut a set of big bear tracks on the way in today

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

If I didn’t have close to couple hundred pounds of work waiting for me at home in the garage, I would be tempted to go out and look for some of those this morning.  The tracking conditions are perfect, but adding another 400 pounds or so of work is unappealing right now.

• Like 1

Let’s say this guy isn’t a troll. Did he fuck up? Yes. Was it a bad decision? Yes. Have we all been there? Probably not, but some have for sure.

I think the moral of the story here is that what’s done is done. It doesn’t make it ok. But nothing good will come from ridicule or if he doesn’t learn from it.

Also, best not to post mistakes that are also legal violations default_wink.gif

• Like 1

I think people who post foul language should get a time out, but being an experienced thresher, trolls have never bothered me, because they are simple to identify. 

In this case, I think the most likely scenario is a young DEC officer who is more comfortable inside out of the cold.

Edited by wolc123

15 minutes ago, Belo said:

Let’s say this guy isn’t a troll. Did he bleep up? Yes. Was it a bad decision? Yes. Have we all been there? Probably not, but some have for sure.

I think the moral of the story here is that what’s done is done. It doesn’t make it ok. But nothing good will come from ridicule or if he doesn’t learn from it.

Also, best not to post mistakes that are also legal violations default_wink.gif

Edited by wolc123

1 hour ago, ANTLERS said:

Just settled in with my climber when another hunter decides to use the same tree. This owl and I stared at each other for 2 minutes then parted in good company.

F284BD85-3FD3-49DA-A5D8-F8602B26B298.jpeg

My Native American teachings when I was a boy, say the owl is a spirit bird. The spirit of a loved one who has passed, will ride the owls wings to visit us. 

• Like 4

12 hours ago, mlammerhirt said:

Let it lay....treeguy is right. 6 hrs. For liver, I would wait a solid 8 for gut and being already bumped once.
I accidently bumped my opening day buck.....it would have died in its first bed 100 yards inside the wood...but when it got bumped it headed down into a huge ravine. The drag after finding it was the worst ever.

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

Recovered! Turns out he’s a 10. Story to follow. 

0A207DE9-8818-4008-BF4F-D9D560E25913.jpeg

• Like 43