LIVE From The Woods 2021 Stories And Pictures Let's Have Em!

grampy

12 minutes ago, Bridgeman said:

Not a troll. Just some honest reporting. Been hunting responsibly for 46 years. Excitement got the best of me.

Well how about making a good public example of yourself and turn yourself in then.  That way, both deer would not be wasted but would go towards feeding the needy.

Edited by wolc123
  • Like 1

Doing something I dont think I’ve never done before. I slept in and did not go out into the woods but instead I’m going to do the afternoon hunt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I am the opposite. In the past 10 yrs, I can count on 1 maybe 2 hands the number of morning hunts I have been on.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

13 minutes ago, Moho81 said:

Doing something I dont think I’ve never done before. I slept in and did not go out into the woods but instead I’m going to do the afternoon hunt.

I typically don't do afternoons but the transition from bow to gun season changed everything.only movement I'm seeing is afternoon and it's within that 30 min after sunset

I am the opposite. In the past 10 yrs, I can count on 1 maybe 2 hands the number of morning hunts I have been on.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

I typically don't do afternoons but the transition from bow to gun season changed everything.only movement I'm seeing is afternoon and it's within that 30 min after sunset

Usually when I can only do a half day hunt it’s a morning hunt because I have something going on in the evening.

I could have hunted this morning but yesterday was really busy so I decided to sleep in (made it to 6:45am lol).

Sightings have been so low that I should just lounge around the house all day and get things done here but a bonus to the afternoon hunt is I’ll have my daughter with me for company.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Bridgeman said:

Not a troll. Just some honest reporting. Been hunting responsibly for 46 years. Excitement got the best of me.

You got to do better than that. I am still seeing troll or lazy , scared of the cold Econ officer.  Only way we will know for sure is if you post a picture with your face and both deer in it.

wonder if we will see that ace ?

Edited by wolc123
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Might want to change your forum name to flatheads 

Well now as of 10:15 I’ve had 20 walk by, going to send the videos to the DEC asking why do we get 1 doe permit every 3 years in 3 H

Edited by ANTLERS
  • Like 1

So again, this has been a crazy season for me…actually crazy several seasons. I only started bow hunting in 2017, deployed in 2018, so this year is my 4th year. In 2017 and 2019 I saw some huge 10 pointers on my property, never got a shot at them (well to be honest I did but terribly missed, since I had no idea what I was doing).

Fast forward to last year when EHD hit, I saw zero bucks all season. I was going out every single day throughout bow and gun season. This year I did not have high expectations, since I heard that EHD was back. Well I got a little 7 pointer early November, who was the first deer that I even saw out there. I’ve been bow hunting since then, because I figured I already got one buck, it wouldn’t be fair to get another deer with a rifle at that point. Well I didn’t see a single deer since that little buck, until yesterday. I thought he was an 8 pointer when I shot him late at dusk, turns out he’s a 10! 

I started tracking him this morning, which took a total of 3 hours. I will never use these Montec G5 broadheads again. 

We all know how frustrating and discouraging tracking can be. I even called Deer Search. At one point the blood trail started leading downhill, and I could see for several hundreds yards in every direction, and could see that there was no dead deer in sight. If I continued to look for tiny specks of blood on my hands and knees, it would have taken a week. So instead I decided to just walk in the same general direction and hope to get lucky. Well…I did! I ended up walking into an area where there were rubs and scrapes everywhere. So I figured this is definitely where he went. Sure enough, after checking several scrapes, I found some that had blood in them (btw why did he do that?). I walked another 100 yards in the same direction, and finally stumbled upon him. 

Looks like a fighter. One of his ears has a bite out of it, and all the points of his antlers are worn down. 

ED432238-63B4-4967-A08B-611E24B9D89D.jpeg

ED438AB7-0A5C-49ED-91C2-36EEF18A2826.jpeg

9B1BB832-1299-486A-9C58-E98DF297F607.jpeg

• Like 28

3 minutes ago, Whereareyoubuck said:

So again, this has been a crazy season for me…actually crazy several seasons. I only started bow hunting in 2017, deployed in 2018, so this year is my 4th year. In 2017 and 2019 I saw some huge 10 pointers on my property, never got a shot at them (well to be honest I did but terribly missed, since I had no idea what I was doing).

Fast forward to last year when EHD hit, I saw zero bucks all season. I was going out every single day throughout bow and gun season. This year I did not have high expectations, since I heard that EHD was back. Well I got a little 7 pointer early November, who was the first deer that I even saw out there. I’ve been bow hunting since then, because I figured I already got one buck, it wouldn’t be fair to get another deer with a rifle at that point. Well I didn’t see a single deer since that little buck, until yesterday. I thought he was an 8 pointer when I shot him late at dusk, turns out he’s a 10! 

I started tracking him this morning, which took a total of 3 hours. I will never use these Montec G5 broadheads again. 

We all know how frustrating and discouraging tracking can be. I even called Deer Search. At one point the blood trail started leading downhill, and I could see for several hundreds yards in every direction, and could see that there was no dead deer in sight. If I continued to look for tiny specks of blood on my hands and knees, it would have taken a week. So instead I decided to just walk in the same general direction and hope to get lucky. Well…I did! I ended up walking into an area where there were rubs and scrapes everywhere. So I figured this is definitely where he went. Sure enough, after checking several scrapes, I found some that had blood in them (btw why did he do that?). I walked another 100 yards in the same direction, and finally stumbled upon him. 

Looks like a fighter. One of his ears has a bite out of it, and all the points of his antlers are worn down. 

My back hurts looking at you carry these deer out like this LOL .Congrats for the deer and not giving up the search.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Whereareyoubuck said:

Broadheads have nothing to do with it. Shot placement does. Lol

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Whereareyoubuck said:

Nice work! Going forward I would follow the tiny specs of blood any day vs being lucky. Your hero pics makes me lol, not in a bad way I like the enthusiasm.  

• Haha 1