LIVE From The Woods 2021 Stories And Pictures Let's Have Em!

grampy

20211205_142338.thumb.jpg.41922c5660d7ef6f5c7c80400fc7d145.jpg
Dealing with a trespasser with DEC.
Guy sitting in my stand and became belligerent. 
Man does this suck!

That does suck… interesting question when trespassing with a firearm does it become more serious than regular trespassing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

New view for tonight. My 7 year old made the call a week ago after the cell cam that's on the lower level of this area was sending pics pretty frequently. He said let's put a blind above where they are crossing...so thats what we did this afternoon. This is setup more for muzzleloader....but hey since we are here we may as well stay till legal closing time. ff88eed1e6d4461f17e4a39021453479.jpg

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, grampy said:

Man does this suck!

I feel for ya Grampy .... hang a couple broke trail cam's , they seem to not like their picture being taken and never know if the good cam's are hidden !

Went out today saw a nice buck  . He was walking right to me  . Then the doe went right and so did he . I will be out there everyday he has a nice walking trail . Saw him at 1  I get out at noon  tomorrow.   And off Tuesday.  I will get him  . 
Didn't you already kill a buck?

Sent from my moto g fast using Tapatalk

• Like 1

One and Done is for Old Men !   LOL
There may be circumstances that I'm not aware in her case? Just making sure she understands the laws if not... But I know she already posted that she killed a buck opening day so I'm not sure how she could kill another until late season with the proper tags.

• Like 1

There may be circumstances that I'm not aware in her case? Just making sure she understands the laws if not... But I know she already posted that she killed a buck opening day so I'm not sure how she could kill another until late season with the proper tags.

Are you thinking of Paula? She shot a buck opening day. I might be mistaken, but I thought Cynthia shot a doe.

• Like 2

Are you thinking of Paula? She shot a buck opening day. I might be mistaken, but I thought Cynthia shot a doe.

I could be? Now you've got me wondering!? If I remembered the wrong person my bad! Carry on! Good luck getting the buck @cynthiafu

• Like 1

2 hours ago, grampy said:

Man does this suck!

Dang and he is parked right next to a posted sign . Get him prosecuted... make sure they know he was belligerent... and your scared he may come back and retaliate.... 

• Like 2

At some point, I gotta have sense enough to wave the white flag. I wish I didn't buy my muzzleloader license, so I could put my season out of it's misery at the end of gun season. Wayyyyyy too much effort, for so little return. Hunt #60 in the books...

35 minutes ago, Nytracker said:

Dang and he is parked right next to a posted sign . Get him prosecuted... make sure they know he was belligerent... and your scared he may come back and retaliate.... 

Those quite often attract poachers.  They interpret “posted” as “good hunting”.  He probably drove past miles of state land to get there.  

The only time I found an aborigin (person I don’t know) in one of my stands was a year I had posted signs up.  I went many years after that without them and with no tresspassing issues.  

My wife talked me into putting them back up again when our girls made some forts out back and wanted to use them during hunting season.  That year a new neighbor thought those signs meant “public park” and I had to shoot at their free ranging German Sheppard as it was barking, drooling and getting ready to hop into my blind on this very weekend about 10 years ago.

No signs for me at home after that and no more tresspassing troubles.  Apparently, word spread from that near miss and powder burnt dog.