LIVE From The Woods 2021 Stories And Pictures Let's Have Em!

grampy

4 hours ago, Chef said:

That does suck… interesting question when trespassing with a firearm does it become more serious than regular trespassing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, still just a violation. But theirs game and hunting laws they can add on such as no orange.

20211205_170046.thumb.jpg.956f332538ef91d907c979d50bf9171d.jpg

First off.. There are two guys I'd like to thank. Both know who they are. One is a member here. The other a lifelong friend. I couldn't do the gutting, due to some issues  I'm dealing with. Doc said to lay off hunting until we get things straightened  out. And thank God and Savior for bringing them to me. And watching over me. This isn't the biggest buck on the property. But I am so proud of him. In my mind, he's my best buck ever! For so many reasons.20211205_171905.thumb.jpg.e83a0efbc801ba6bcc9b11d9640348e7.jpg

• Like 45

1 hour ago, Robhuntandfish said:

If I could wish one your way I sure would.  I had this in 2019. 61 hunts and never tagged a deer. Feel for ya. You def have to enjoy hunting regardless of success to keep at it like you have. 

Was just saying how it seems like a lot of regular members havent tagged a buck this season. Hell two buck Larry has only one this year.  

Thankfully I didn't start bowhunting this fall until 10/15, otherwise I probably would have been burned out long ago. The damned deer are just completely nocturnal! My cam check yesterday confirmed that. No travel necessary between bedding and feeding areas... Step in, step out! No reason to move during daylight hours. Can you hold a light steady? LOL

6 minutes ago, Cabin Fever said:

Thankfully I didn't start bowhunting this fall until 10/15, otherwise I probably would have been burned out long ago. The damned deer are just completely nocturnal! My cam check yesterday confirmed that. No travel necessary between bedding and feeding areas... Step in, step out! No reason to move during daylight hours. Can you hold a light steady? LOL

I'm seeing the same problem.  We're gonna need two lights. Lol

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, grampy said:

First off.. There are two guys I'd like to thank. Both know who they are. One is a member here. The other a lifelong friend. I couldn't do the gutting, due to some issues  I'm dealing with. Doc said to lay off hunting until we get things straightened  out. And thank God and Savior for bringing them to me. And watching over me. This isn't the biggest buck on the property. But I am so proud of him. In my mind, he's my best buck ever! For so many reasons.20211205_171905.thumb.jpg.e83a0efbc801ba6bcc9b11d9640348e7.jpg

Good stuff indeed!

Glad you could stick it out and have it pay off.:drinks:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, grampy said:

Awesome congrats!! Looking forward to the trespassing story!!

6 hours ago, grampy said:

20211205_142338.thumb.jpg.41922c5660d7ef6f5c7c80400fc7d145.jpg

Dealing with a trespasser with DEC.

Guy sitting in my stand and became belligerent. 

Man does this suck!

Whew....what a day! Just now settling in to my recliner in the man cave! First things first. As most of you know, I've been dealing with a health issue lately. NBD......not my first rodeo with this kinda stuff. Doc told me last week to just lay low, don't stress yourself. No hunting! OK I says.....

I was out all day yesterday. Close to where I could park my truck, from a ground blind. No climbing! So I was following the doc's orders, kinda.

I just couldn't get going this morning, and didn't make it up to the farm until 9am. Decided to go to a spot with a short ladder stand, in the field behind the barn, and just drive my wheeler to it. Climb 4 rungs and sit for awhile. As I'm coming across the field I see the stand and someone is sitting in it! 

So I drive up to the base of the stand, and here sits a guy with no orange on at all on. A black coat, holding a rifle. Knowing he probably came from the state land that borders ours, which is shotgun only!!!

So I ask him, do you mind if I hunt my stand? You are on private property, and I'm asking you to leave. He tells me to F off, it's not my property it's state land! Now, I'm done being nice! I threw a few F bombs back, and told him the state didn't put up the stand his dumb azz was sitting in, and he had to pass at least 3 F'n posted signs to get there! I know that, because I hung them myself! He tells me to F off again, and to find somewhere else to go, cause he's hunting there! And to stop harassing him! OK I says. Get back on my wheeler go a little ways, call my hunting partner, tell him what's up and to call DEC. We drive to the State land parking area, and there is only one vehicle there. We have the DEC officer meet us there. It's gotta be him?

So after quite awhile, the officer shows up. Understandably, there are only 3 of them to cover the whole county. He was an awesome guy! Told him the story again, and he asked us to show him where the stand was on his phone app. He told us to wait where we were. After some time the officer comes over the hill with the dirt bag, and the DEC officer is carrying his rifle. The dirt bag says that's the guy on the four wheeler! Damn Skippy it is!

When the officer found him he wasn't in the stand and was on the border of our land. So trespassing at that point was borderline. But he still wrote citations for hunting with a rifle in a shotgun only zone, and not wearing hunter orange. 

The guy says before he left, that he thought he was on state land and he wouldn't be back hunting here again!

My partner and I looked at each other and said cool!

We thanked the officer, and left at about 2:45.

I didn't know it then. But my day was about to get much better!

• Like 36

3 hours ago, grampy said:

Woo hoo!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Robhuntandfish said:

Awesome Dan.  Glad to hear you got a buck. Good luck on the doe!

Saw one buck  (no tag) and one itsey bitsy, teenie-weenie little deer.... Can't hunt for the next three days due to  a medical procedure..  Maybe later this week...

• Like 1

11 hours ago, grampy said:

Whew....what a day! Just now settling in to my recliner in the man cave! First things first. As most of you know, I've been dealing with a health issue lately. NBD......not my first rodeo with this kinda stuff. Doc told me last week to just lay low, don't stress yourself. No hunting! OK I says.....

I was out all day yesterday. Close to where I could park my truck, from a ground blind. No climbing! So I was following the doc's orders, kinda.

I just couldn't get going this morning, and didn't make it up to the farm until 9am. Decided to go to a spot with a short ladder stand, in the field behind the barn, and just drive my wheeler to it. Climb 4 rungs and sit for awhile. As I'm coming across the field I see the stand and someone is sitting in it! 

So I drive up to the base of the stand, and here sits a guy with no orange on at all on. A black coat, holding a rifle. Knowing he probably came from the state land that borders ours, which is shotgun only!!!

So I ask him, do you mind if I hunt my stand? You are on private property, and I'm asking you to leave. He tells me to F off, it's not my property it's state land! Now, I'm done being nice! I threw a few F bombs back, and told him the state didn't put up the stand his dumb azz was sitting in, and he had to pass at least 3 F'n posted signs to get there! I know that, because I hung them myself! He tells me to F off again, and to find somewhere else to go, cause he's hunting there! And to stop harassing him! OK I says. Get back on my wheeler go a little ways, call my hunting partner, tell him what's up and to call DEC. We drive to the State land parking area, and there is only one vehicle there. We have the DEC officer meet us there. It's gotta be him?

So after quite awhile, the officer shows up. Understandably, there are only 3 of them to cover the whole county. He was an awesome guy! Told him the story again, and he asked us to show him where the stand was on his phone app. He told us to wait where we were. After some time the officer comes over the hill with the dirt bag, and the DEC officer is carrying his rifle. The dirt bag says that's the guy on the four wheeler! Damn Skippy it is!

When the officer found him he wasn't in the stand and was on the border of our land. So trespassing at that point was borderline. But he still wrote citations for hunting with a rifle in a shotgun only zone, and not wearing hunter orange. 

The guy says before he left, that he thought he was on state land and he wouldn't be back hunting here again!

My partner and I looked at each other and said cool!

We thanked the officer, and left at about 2:45.

I didn't know it then. But my day was about to get much better!

Hopefully the dirtbag learns his lesson! I still wish they could have gotten him for trespassing!