LIVE From The Woods 2021 Stories And Pictures Let's Have Em!

grampy

15 minutes ago, UpStateRedNeck said:

They don't learn their lesson, to do that would require some form of introspection.  They just find somebody else to poach on.

You're right Paul. Someone else will find him in their stand at another property. That's what these dirtbags do! And rarely do they get caught, much less have a citation written. This guy got two citations, because he was so arrogant, and not the brightest bulb in the pack..

Seems like most every year we have to go through this. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, grampy said:

You're right Paul. Someone else will find him in their stand at another property. That's what these dirtbags do! And rarely do they get caught, much less have a citation written. This guy got two citations, because he was so arrogant, and not the brightest bulb in the pack..

Seems like most every year we have to go through this. 

The joys of having property adjoining state land, something we both share.  I've put it of time and money into my property the last 3 years and it's paying dividends, but I get attitude how it's "easy" for me compared to others.  I didn't see those same people out trimming apple trees in March, sod busting in the mud and snow at the end of April, or hinge cutting in the dead of winter.

• Like 7

Just now, UpStateRedNeck said:

The joys of having property adjoining state land, something we both share.  I've put it of time and money into my property the last 3 years and it's paying dividends, but I get attitude how it's "easy" for me compared to others.  I didn't see those same people out trimming apple trees in March, sod busting in the mud and snow at the end of April, or hinge cutting in the dead of winter.

Not to mention the sheer joy of opening the tax bill!!!

Thing is, there are just about as many deer on that state land as what we have! Perhaps more! Nowhere near as many hunting it now than it used to be! But to poachers, apparently the posted signs mean the bucks are stacked behind every tree! That idiot yesterday, sat looking into a pasture. with well over 700 acres of prime hunting land at his back. So stupid!

1 minute ago, grampy said:

Thing is, there are just about as many deer on that state land as what we have! Perhaps more! Nowhere near as many hunting it now than it used to be! But to poachers, apparently the posted signs mean the bucks are stacked behind every tree! That idiot yesterday, sat looking into a pasture. with well over 700 acres of prime hunting land at his back. So stupid!

Lots of dirtbags in this sport .I was out at the range one day ,throwing a few rounds down range .Had a couple of winners drinking and smoking a bowl prior to sighting in their rifles for deer season .Trash in all walks of life .

• Sad 2

12 minutes ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

It’s a bit windy out here this evening. Had to fish my blind out of the hedgerow. Brushhogged half of the corn I’m sitting over Saturday. Hoping for a big doe to bring to butchers when I pick my buck up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good luck.  Didn't know you got a buck.  Care to share the story with the class?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, UpStateRedNeck said:

I get attitude how it's "easy" for me compared to others.  I didn't see those same people out trimming apple trees in March, sod busting in the mud and snow at the end of April, or hinge cutting in the dead of winter.

That's the truth!! Along the same lines, I get so annoyed when people say to me, "Yeah, but you get deer every year!" They have NO idea how much time and effort I have to put into it to tag a deer!!! I'm not blessed with having a lot of deer around, so I have to bust my ass to get what I do. This year, conservation is more important to me than filling tags and my freezer. There are only a few does around, and even fewer fawns, so I'm not planning on shooting does, hoping to help next years recruitment. My son and daughter have both agreed, they don't want to shoot does either. I have already lowered my standards significantly since bow season on what buck I will shoot, but....

• Like 2

Good luck.  Didn't know you got a buck.  Care to share the story with the class?

Last Thursday I got a voicemail from work that I had 24hrs to report to work for my suspension over the vaccine mandate. Knowing my Nz season was over I shot the next buck I saw a 2yr old 6pt. I tracked him and shot him at 25yds in his bed. Crappy ending to an awesome season in the big woods.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 8

I've always thought it would be great to have a piece of land bordering stateland. My thought was always if its not happening on your land you have public to work with. Didnt think of the issues that could come with it.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, WNYTRPR said:

Lots of dirtbags in this sport .I was out at the range one day ,throwing a few rounds down range .Had a couple of winners drinking and smoking a bowl prior to sighting in their rifles for deer season .Trash in all walks of life .

What range was this?  I belong to one and frequent a few others in WNY. I would like to avoid that one.

On 12/5/2021 at 3:47 PM, chrisw said:

There may be circumstances that I'm not aware in her case? Just making sure she understands the laws if not... But I know she already posted that she killed a buck opening day so I'm not sure how she could kill another until late season with the proper tags.

Sent from my moto g fast using Tapatalk

Been hunting for 37 years  I know most of the laws . 

• Like 3