LIVE From The Woods 2021 Stories And Pictures Let's Have Em!

grampy

12 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Both were biggish fawns. Got a pass.  

On a positive note, at least you saw deer. That's a nice reminder every once in a while. For you and I, seeing 2 is like being covered with deer!:pardon:

Edited by Cabin Fever
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, stubborn1VT said:

What was the truck doing driving through that scrape?

It was not a scrape, just the edge of the road. Right behind it was a huge 30acre bean field. Stupid deer got hit when crossing the road.

They dragged it back in the dirt.

Edited by suburbanfarmer
  • Confused 1

Just got a pic of my target buck. He’s been with the same doe since Sunday morning. She has a broken leg so I know it’s the same one. Also getting pics on a friends cam of his target buck trailing a doe all day today. Looks like we’re in the midst of the second rut. 

• Like 3

Think I'm done for the year. Wanted to try some public land but decided to go up to my uncles place near Middletown. Saw 4 passing behind me around 415 but they busted me as I turned and they all took off. This little one stopped at about 50-60 yds and I took a shot. Tiny, but tender. This and my bow doe should last us. 20211207_162154.jpg

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

• Like 33

10 minutes ago, YFKI1983 said:

Think I'm done for the year. Wanted to try some public land but decided to go up to my uncles place near Middletown. Saw 4 passing behind me around 415 but they busted me as I turned and they all took off. This little one stopped at about 50-60 yds and I took a shot. Tiny, but tender. This and my bow doe should last us. 20211207_162154.jpg

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Veal.. congrats!!

• Like 1

Up and in with a light snow. Far stand past the Hole. This prop has been pretty poor but the amount of tracks from the last day in the snow are encouraging and just point out they are somewhere just not here when I am lol
694367e4d05e40b05ec21fbee2ec3cb1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Doing and a hang and hunt this morning between cut corn and bedding. I got in a little later than I wanted and could see some bodies moving around while I was setting up. Nothing blew so hopefully didn’t screw this up too badly. Had a few mature bucks cruising last night on camera but all activity seemed to shut down around 3am and don’t think I’ve got a pic of a deer since.

• Like 1

Doing and a hang and hunt this morning between cut corn and bedding. I got in a little later than I wanted and could see some bodies moving around while I was setting up. Nothing blew so hopefully didn’t screw this up too badly. Had a few mature bucks cruising last night on camera but all activity seemed to shut down around 3am and don’t think I’ve got a pic of a deer since.

GET IT DONE!

You are my pick this week for the contest

GET IT DONE!

You are my pick this week for the contest

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TheHornHunter said:

Lob it in!

2 minutes ago, TheHornHunter said:

What do I need to do? I missed the details on this contest

Shoot an official net booner with a bow during rifle season. But the bow has to be a bare-bow. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, YFKI1983 said:

Think I'm done for the year. Wanted to try some public land but decided to go up to my uncles place near Middletown. Saw 4 passing behind me around 415 but they busted me as I turned and they all took off. This little one stopped at about 50-60 yds and I took a shot. Tiny, but tender. This and my bow doe should last us.

Congrats!

• Like 1