LIVE From The Woods 2021 Stories And Pictures Let's Have Em!

grampy

Just blew it.

Walking back to my cabin, I decided to take a little detour and sit under a tree for the last bit of light. A few minutes later, I see a doe walking toward me then angling slightly to my left. She goes behind a group of trees and once she clears the other side she'll be at 30 yards quartering toward me. Perfect shot. As her head disappears, I move my knee up to use a rest. She doesn't come out. I wait. She must have seen my movement and froze. I want some more. Finally she bounces off the way she came.

I may take up stamp collecting.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, left field said:

Just blew it.

Walking back to my cabin, I decided to take a little detour and sit under a tree for the last bit of light. A few minutes later, I see a doe walking toward me then angling slightly to my left. She goes behind a group of trees and once she clears the other side she'll be at 30 yards quartering toward me. Perfect shot. As her head disappears, I move my knee up to use a rest. She doesn't come out. I wait. She must have seen my movement and froze. I want some more. Finally she bounces off the way she came.

I may take up stamp collecting.

Hunting aint easy.  Just ask Cabin Fever.  (Don't ask Hock3y24.)

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

I went out this morning to walk around and look for tracks in the fresh snow. While I was out I checked cams. Early Tuesday morning, I had pics of a doe walking by the cam and within 16 minutes, 4 small bucks were trailing her!! She must have been hot!

11 minutes ago, Cabin Fever said:

I went out this morning to walk around and look for tracks in the fresh snow. While I was out I checked cams. Early Tuesday morning, I had pics of a doe walking by the cam and within 16 minutes, 4 small bucks were trailing her!! She must have been hot!

Out again!? I would have freeking retired for the season if I was you. 

Didn't see a thing last night except squirrels and lots of them. They were barking and fighting all afternoon. Only heard one shot from the neighbor's property. I have tomorrow off so I will be pushing hard for the rest of the weekend.

Just now, Moho81 said:

Out again!? I would have freeking retired for the season if I was you. 

Well, I got a video from this morning of a doe limping across the property. I would like to get a look at her and see if it's from a gun shot or maybe from being hit by a car and try to determine if she should be shot or if she will heal. I contacted the neighbor and he said he saw her the other night when she was crossing the road going into a field.

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Cabin Fever said:

Well, I got a video from this morning of a doe limping across the property. I would like to get a look at her and see if it's from a gun shot or maybe from being hit by a car and try to determine if she should be shot or if she will heal. I contacted the neighbor and he said he saw her the other night when she was crossing the road going into a field.

How many acres do you own?

2 hours ago, UpStateRedNeck said:

Broke her neck and hit her in the heart in one shot.  Glassed on my way to move a camera and found her in her bed.  Never knew what hit her.

IMG_20211209_100940.jpg

IMG_20211209_101106.jpg

Congratulations my friend!

You have had a great year! Way to go!!

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Not sure what happened to my alarm this morning. So stayed home and did some laundry. Headed in now for afternoon watch. Few inches of snow on the ground.  Looking for a dumb one 

I'm looking for a dumb one too!! Hope to be out in a bit. Good luck!

17 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Not sure what happened to my alarm this morning. So stayed home and did some laundry. Headed in now for afternoon watch. Few inches of snow on the ground.  Looking for a dumb one 

TF, I'm going to muster up any good mojo I have and send it your way! You need some meat in the freezer!! If I thought there was any chance you could score at my place, I would invite you over! But, we both know how my season went.... it sucked!! 

Are you seeing many tracks? By the looks of my cams for the past 3 weeks, 99% of the deer activity around here is at night. I can probably count the daytime pics on one hand! 

Really exciting sit so far and not even an hour in lol. Was planning to set up between bedding and a cut corn field but on my way in waking along the field edge I glassed a doe about 600 yards away and right on her tail was a big buck pushing her my way into the woods. Decided to do my hang and hunt right there rather than push in any further and about 5 mins after I got up have a beautiful 3 year old cruise by headed towards the big boy. Hopefully it comes together

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 7