LIVE From The Woods 2021 Stories And Pictures Let's Have Em!

grampy

Well, his rifle has to be off.  He missed several times at 70 yrds at a 6" spike.  So, I hopped off of stand, ran, ok shuffled, to my truck, drove the mile or so to where he was, shuffled a lot slower to him, grabbed his rifle and handed him mine. Back in the truck with no viable weapon to get back on stand with, lol.  He still has 2 solid hrs. Hopefully a deaf doe will pop out of the woods.  

Edited by mowin
  • Like 6
  • Sad 1

Just now, Cabin Fever said:

It’s amazing how much better visibility there is in the woods with just 1” of snow! I would be perfectly fine with it if this was our snowfall for the entire winter!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's great. Easy to walk in compared to several inches.. I've got a $6600 plow in my shop, and I'm hopeful I never have to hook the thing up, lol. 

Watched 2 dink does and 2 fawns searching for nuts for 20 minutes. Where’s a freezer queen when you want one ..

I’m not very good in math. Considering freezer space, do 2 dinks = 1 freezer queen? I don’t know if there’s an algebraic or trig formula needed to figure that out?

• Like 6
  • Haha 3

Well that little spike is playing games with thyme. He came back out into the field, but ran back to fast. Hopefully he gives him one last chance. 

And my nephew Kayden just texted me saying he dropped a nice one. Waiting for pics. 

Edited by mowin
  • Like 2

I’m up in the deep Hole
Hardly been in here this year as it’s usually too noisy to sneak in. Not today with the snow. Wind not perfect but almost good. Lotta snow on the branches still. Man I wanna shoot a deer DEAD lol

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, bigpaul said:

Overlooking the turnips again. I’ve seen 8 bucke in the last three nights here. A six and a seven pointer got passes. Hope this snow cover makes them hungry early.

How has your luck been with turnips? I've been thinking about getting some in the field next year, but I hear two different stories, The deer hate them and they're a waste of time or the deer love them and can't get enough.

7 minutes ago, Judoka95 said:

How has your luck been with turnips? I've been thinking about getting some in the field next year, but I hear two different stories, The deer hate them and they're a waste of time or the deer love them and can't get enough.

This is the sixth or seventh year I have planted them. First year they ate the greens up but didn’t really eat the turnips. I’ve heard they need to get use to them but who knows. I’ve had great luck with rotating winter rye and turnips.

9 minutes ago, Judoka95 said:

i tried for 3 yrs in 8N, deer never touched them :( 

47 minutes ago, Judoka95 said:

It differs between areas based on what food is already available.  It took 4 years for them to really eat them at my house, but all it takes is one doe family group to start using them.  Lots of upside to turnips.  They're cheap, easy to plant, make decent tonnage, stand up to cold weather and they're good for the soil. But if your deer won't eat them then they kinda suck.

I've had deer in mine during daylight almost every evening this month. 

• Like 1