LIVE From The Woods 2021 Stories And Pictures Let's Have Em!

grampy

2 minutes ago, stubborn1VT said:

You're a good sport either way Mowin.  Awfully decent of you.  Kayden has had himself a year!  Seems like you are a good guy to hunt around!

Kayden hunted hard. Got his first deer with the bow early in the season, but has struggled to connect with the rifle.  He picked the right stand this afternoon.

Edited by mowin
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Belo said:

catching up, congrats @Cabin Fever and even sweeter that you didn't have to work to drag him out. Solid 2.5 year old shooter and extra meat in the freezer. 

Salude! 

Thanks Belo! It was close to my worst season ever, but the stars must have aligned just right yesterday or the deer hunting Gods must have decided to throw me a bone or something! LOL Regardless, I'll take it!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Good looking rifle!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

That's his late father's rem 700. It did have a little damage from the fire, but a friend fixed it up as best as he could. I don't think he'll ever use any other rifle. 

• Like 2

Whew finally dragged out and hung up. No record breaker, dressed 95 pounds. Saw 5 tonight, and the 4 I had in range she was the biggest. One shot went 50 yards and piled up. Snow makes for nice dragging! I also cut a very big lone track that walked in my tracks up top after I came in. That makes the freezer in better shape.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, silent death said:

Wife and daughter tested positive for covid there goes my seaseon ..wont be long before everybody in the house is sick 

I would check with a catholic hospital if there’s one near you and get the antibody infusion. You will need to ask for it. Your symptoms will pretty much disappear in a day or 2. The only catch is that you need to get it within 3 days of getting exposed I think. Hope that everyone in your house is feeling better soon. 

6 minutes ago, NonTypical said:

I would check with a catholic hospital if there’s one near you and get the antibody infusion. You will need to ask for it. Your symptoms will pretty much disappear in a day or 2. The only catch is that you need to get it within 3 days of getting exposed I think. Hope that everyone in your house is feeling better soon. 

My boss had this done ,said it was like magic .I’ll add ,he’s very overweight and unhealthy ,also .

Edited by WNYTRPR
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, mowin said:

That's his late father's rem 700. It did have a little damage from the fire, but a friend fixed it up as best as he could. I don't think he'll ever use any other rifle. 

Good for him! I got one of those myself. There's other rifles I'd like to carry, but I'll always carry my Dad's... 

• Like 1

Ended up being a good hunt but the big buck I saw earlier didn’t show. Probably should have been more aggressive and still hunted but I got covered in deer and couldnt get out of the stand. Been a long season of cat and mouse and passed a lot of good bucks trying to catch up with one of my shooters. They are on camera frequently and in day light but no consistency to their movement and each have pretty big home ranges. Hopefully get an opportunity at one late season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

catching up, congrats [mention=333]Cabin Fever[/mention] and even sweeter that you didn't have to work to drag him out. Solid 2.5 year old shooter and extra meat in the freezer. 
Salude! 

2.5 based on a head pic? Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, heavuser said:

3 days on private land and no luck. Going to try Stewart again tomorrow, starting to think I wont be able to fill my last doe tag.

Never say never.it doesn't take much to make it happen.right place,right time.i told myself this past week that I wasn't putting meat In the freezer this season then Saturday that changed,i haven't shot a deer during gun season in prob 4 years(very thankful).keep at it and make it happen!!!!

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, doebuck1234 said:

Never say never.it doesn't take much to make it happen.right place,right time.i told myself this past week that I wasn't putting meat In the freezer this season then Saturday that changed,i haven't shot a deer during gun season in prob 4 years(very thankful).keep at it and make it happen!!!!

I'm with you on that. Being new to this hobby, this year I went hard. Had around 12 sits, took an entire week off work. Been at it non stop, lol. Seeing deer on some site but I realized today I am taking too long to take my shot. I need to put my sights on one and pull the trigger instead of hesitating for an absurd amount of time. 

4 minutes ago, heavuser said:

I'm with you on that. Being new to this hobby, this year I went hard. Had around 12 sits, took an entire week off work. Been at it non stop, lol. Seeing deer on some site but I realized today I am taking too long to take my shot. I need to put my sights on one and pull the trigger instead of hesitating for an absurd amount of time. 

It's OK to be selective.it needs to feel "right" to make it happen. I'm sure most if not all of us have been there.it's all part of the learning curve and what you feel comfortable with.no judgement here,when the time is right it'll happen!!!!!

Edited by doebuck1234

1 hour ago, Fletch said:

Whew finally dragged out and hung up. No record breaker, dressed 95 pounds. Saw 5 tonight, and the 4 I had in range she was the biggest. One shot went 50 yards and piled up. Snow makes for nice dragging! I also cut a very big lone track that walked in my tracks up top after I came in. That makes the freezer in better shape.

Congrats Fletch! She'll be a nice addition to the freezer, right next to that buck of yours! B)

• Like 1

Wow just got a call sister picked up a road kill still warm big doe. Salvaged what I could. Boy they skin nice warm. Got everything little damage on hind quarter but salvageable. All burger except tenderloins and back straps. Neck roast. Would have been perfect but second vehicle ran over top. Liver heart. Perfect! Sucks I was ready for bed now I'm awake.

• Like 6

35 minutes ago, REDNECK4LIFE32 said:

Wow just got a call sister picked up a road kill still warm big doe. Salvaged what I could. Boy they skin nice warm. Got everything little damage on hind quarter but salvageable. All burger except tenderloins and back straps. Neck roast. Would have been perfect but second vehicle ran over top. Liver heart. Perfect! Sucks I was ready for bed now I'm awake.

Lucky you?!?!?!   :)

• Like 1