LIVE From The Woods 2021 Stories And Pictures Let's Have Em!

grampy

I think I’m done for the year, maybe I’ll go after Xmas but doubtful. Strange season for me.
Son took 2 doe (donated one to a family of 7) and kept the other. My brother took a doe yesterday morning so the freezers partly full. 

It’s a beautiful day out and there should be some pressure. Yesterday I found a gut pile from a guy that shot his first deer last week ( a five point) and laying 30 yards a away dead is the smallest fawn I have ever seen in season. I want to give him the benefit of doubt but my gut tells me otherwise.

12 minutes ago, Fletch said:

Most exciting part of my morning was just peeing out my stand trying to write my name in the snow from 20 feet!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My wife got mad when I posted “ Larry” written in snow on Instagram. 
Hey you try doing those letters in pee I was proud !

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Fletch said:

Bejeezus take you pissy ass caliber argument out of our from the field thread! I want to read about people out hunting. Not that crap.

Beautiful morning out wind died down and a dust of snow. Deer don’t agree yet… did have a grey Fox in three times scavenging the gut pile from Thursday.

Someone piss in your cornflakes this morning. It's a hunting forum. Don't like the post, don't read em. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Trad bow said:

It’s a beautiful day out and there should be some pressure. Yesterday I found a gut pile from a guy that shot his first deer last week ( a five point) and laying 30 yards a away dead is the smallest fawn I have ever seen in season. I want to give him the benefit of doubt but my gut tells me otherwise.

Our gut piles from two weeks ago at PA camp are untouched! Theirs 5 of them! Also we found a dead doe as well. 

Eventful morning in Columbia county…spike in the winter rye got a pass and after he walked in the woods he moved a doe who had a big brow buck right in tow. No shot available. They then kicked 10+ doe/Fawns away from me and across a field where I assume the doe and buck followed

• Like 4

Season is a wrap for me.  Took a coyote opening weekend.   Missed a 6 last weekend.  Saw a decent amount of deer and passed on a couple small doe.  Now it’s fantasy football time!   Good luck to anyone heading out this afternoon. 

Nice! Pics of yote?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Climbing down. Going to pull cams and throw in the towel . Doubtful I’ll give ML season a whirl.  Good luck y’all and see you around May 1 

Cut it out. You’ll be out there tomorrow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Robhuntandfish said:

Trying to summon up the intestinal fortitude to go back out for a last gun sit. Haven't seen a deer since 11/28.  

Do it!

You know what's even worse than not seeing them? Bumping them and not being able to take a shot for the last 7 days!

I did a sit this morning, nothing. I'm back out now till 5 then bow on Wednesday.

• Like 1

Wife and I are heading out for her last sit , we haven’t hunted since Nov 29th to give the lease a 2 week cool off. So hopefully we have a productive night even though  it’s going to be a bit warm  . Good luck  to those heading out . 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, rob-c said:

Wife and I are heading out for her last sit , we haven’t hunted since Nov 29th to give the lease a 2 week cool off. So hopefully we have a productive night even though  it’s going to be a bit warm  . Good luck  to those heading out . 

Good luck.  Apparently my plan is to wait until late season.  Lol

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, TreeGuy said:

Nobody is LOL'ing with you......

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Now Andrew, God had blessed me with far more deer than anyone needs in my first 9 years of hunting.  I am fine with a bit of a pause this year while other things take priority.   Just get the freaking Yote call ready.  Lol

• Like 8