LIVE From The Woods 2021 Stories And Pictures Let's Have Em!

grampy

Now Andrew, God had blessed me with far more deer than anyone needs in my first 9 years of hunting.  I am fine with a bit of a pause this year while other things take priority.   Just get the freaking Yote call ready.  Lol
Yote call is always ready !!!!

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

• Like 3

I am nearly starting ML season a day early because I forgot the clip for my 3 shot Marlin M512 bolt.  It takes almost as long to get off a second shot without that as it does with my ML.

If my target button buck shows up, before I clock out at 4, he is going to have to give me a real easy shot for me to try it.

I had to shoo him away, when I killed his brother with the same gun here in September.  It was warm then, and I only had room for one in my deer fridge.  It would be cool if I could reunite him with his brother today, using the same gun.

It would have been tough up here in yesterday’s wind.  I see a dead ash fell nearby and the ladder up to my stand was blown down.

Ma and Pa said that my target bb was last out about 4:00 pm on Friday.  They got a real good view of the clover plot from their back window.

Good luck to all out trying to get it done on their last hunt  of the 21 sz gun season.

4BF15308-F27F-4F57-B78B-B1FA8D49FFA5.jpeg

334CE7C5-E3B5-4F81-B45A-BCC141C8E4AB.jpeg

0BAE1DFF-76DF-42BE-815D-64A93D1AD977.jpeg

48 and snow all gone. If it gets any wetter and muddier I am going to have to get taller boots to get into this stand. Still waiting for a cruising buck and got a signed over doe tag in case a fat one shows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm in for a sit this afternoon.  I wanted to come change batteries on a camera that isn't really in a great spot to hunt tonight but I decided to sit back here anyway. I busted 6 out of their beds while climbing up into the stand so I'm not very optimistic but I have a better chance here than on the couch. 

49 degrees and 20 mph WSW wind here in wmu 9F for the last hour.  Quite comfortable up in this stand with my body out of the wind thanks to the barn wood wall, but my orange hat just went flying.   

I climbed down (unarmed) to get it. Target bb has 45 minutes to show up, if he wants to join his brother today, and then I am outa here.  I might come back next Sunday afternoon with my ML. 

Thought I’d break out the ML a little early! Saw a gobbler and 4 hens as I got into the stand. Already saw more than I was expecting to! LOL

My son is hunting about 10 miles away. He just texted and said he saw several scrapes that have been opened up in the past 2 days! Encouraging!

I am NOT digging the tree that fell against the tree my stand is in!! Looks like it’s pinned by a limb from my tree, so hopefully it STAYS THERE!!

5 minutes ago, Cabin Fever said:

Thought I’d break out the ML a little early! Saw a gobbler and 4 hens as I got into the stand. Already saw more than I was expecting to! LOL

My son is hunting about 10 miles away. He just texted and said he saw several scrapes that have been opened up in the past 2 days! Encouraging!

I am NOT digging the tree that fell against the tree my stand is in!! Looks like it’s pinned by a limb from my tree, so hopefully it STAYS THERE!!

I would get out of that stand now.  They don't call them widow maker for nothing. 

I rarely ever pass on the last chance. Now, rifle or muzzleloader. Especially in nice weather. Made a loop and collected all of my trail cameras and now sitting till dark. Surveying the storm damage as I go. One tree in particular broke off right above my ladder stand. Glad the wind wasn’t right for sitting there yesterday. 

B973606F-5F94-4DEA-8EE1-83AE0AB66E9B.jpeg

• Like 1

I feel dumber just from reading this.  A 100 grain bullet with a muzzle velocity of 3100fps creating 2100 ft/lbs?  Somehow that isn't enough to reliably kill deer, but it also has devastating results on meat (which deer are made of).  Based on physics, math, logic ,personal experience it makes no sense to me.  Not a thing wrong with a 30-30, but don't pretend it's superior to a .243 or that a person can't make a poor shot with either one. 

Same guy that swears by the chest girth chart, Texas heart shots and eats the nuts.

Take everything wolc as well intentioned, but with a grain of salt.

• Like 5

55 minutes ago, Cabin Fever said:

Not looking good for seeing that wounded doe tonight. I was hoping to see her, before a coyote got her.

We've had a 3 leg doe running around here for 3 years. She had twins this year. She might surprise you and be there next season.

• Like 1

Nothing... A little disappointed, but still have muzzleloader to look forward to. I guess the one good thing about not shooting a buck with my bow is that now I have a buck tag for muzzleloader. Trying to find the bright side of a sucky bow season, I guess. :pardon:

• Like 3